More transfer rumours

midds

Dan Burn is a good player and all, but really shows you the lack of ball-playing ability in the squad (Lascelles, Clark, Fede, Dummett) when the Athletic is lauding Burn as one in that article. Burn is comfortable on the ball, but hardly a ball-player like Schar (and Lejeune before him). 

Edited by Kanji

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Chill out mate.

Dawson was brought in to provide depth in their European run and ended up first choice due to injury to Ogbonna.

If we’re signing someone like Botman, he’d be doing similar here? Him, Schar, Burn…not much between them in my opinion but all decent for a season. Next summer sign another clear first-choice, let Burn go and keep Tarkowski & Schar as backup.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we’re signing someone like Botman, he’d be doing similar here? Him, Schar, Burn…not much between them in my opinion but all decent for a season. Next summer sign another clear first-choice, let Burn go and keep Tarkowski & Schar as backup.

Burn and Botman are LCBs and left-footed mate. Tarkowski is right footed and I’m assuming he’s a RCB? Howe massively prefers having a left footed and right footed CB to play those positions. 

The two CB’s that I think would be the best signings are Badiashile and Bremer. Not that we are gonna get two. Out of the ones we have been linked with that are still “available”  I mean. 

Edited by Ikon

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

The two CB’s that I think would be the best signings are Badiashile and Bremer. Not that we are gonna get two. Out of the ones we have been linked with that are still “available”  I mean. 

:thup: N’Dicka and Inacio are very good too.

5 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Yeah it seems botman and Diaby might be a step to far ?

We might have to look at Tarkowsi , Winks , lingard ?

not my cup of tea , but it all depends on how persuasive we can be in terms of selling (Da project)

Pretty sure there's a lot of talented players the world over we can attract out there without resorting to mid table fodder O0

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Thankfully Dan Ashworth has come at the right time. I'm sure he'll be looking at younger players who can grow with the project.

That’s not his Role 

The club tell him what sort of players they are looking for (age range, price range, attributes , etc etc) 

its then his job to pass this on to his recruitment team to find these players and report back to him.

He asks for a huge detailed report for each player and these are passed on to the management staff to look through 

He is the top guy and he has people around him to do all of the work. 

They all sit down and go through all of the options 

Eddie / coaches 

Dan

Dans team 

They will select who they want and pass onto the board to get sign off 

its then Dans job / Dans team to get the deals done ….negotiate and get the best deal they can 

Zinchenko was linked to us very speculatively a few pages back. 

Probably nothing in that, but even so, still be quite interesting to watch him playing in Scotland vs Ukraine tonight, mainly given we've obviously got a gap at LB right now. 

2 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

That’s not his Role 

The club tell him what sort of players they are looking for (age range, price range, attributes , etc etc) 

its then his job to pass this on to his recruitment team to find these players and report back to him.

He asks for a huge detailed report for each player and these are passed on to the management staff to look through 

He is the top guy and he has people around him to do all of the work. 

They all sit down and go through all of the options 

Eddie / coaches 

Dan

Dans team 

They will select who they want and pass onto the board to get sign off 

its then Dans job / Dans team to get the deals done ….negotiate and get the best deal they can 

Either way, we won’t be going for shite like Lingard, Tarkowski and Winks.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Followed by Ornstein (who is extremely reliable)for what it's worth. Says an agreement is close.

Looks like we could have our first signing.

Where's the Ornstein one as couldn't see it when I checked his twitter?

Stupid to do deals this early. Doing them days before the window closes would give us massive advantages when it comes to FFP. They can bed in in the beginning of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Stupid to do deals this early. Doing them days before the window closes would give us massive advantages when it comes to FFP. They can bed in in the beginning of the season. 

If we do them last minute then we’d save on all the wages over the summer too, eh Mike? 

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Where's the Ornstein one as couldn't see it when I checked his twitter?

I said that he is followed by Ornstein, not that Ornstein had tweeted anything.

Thought it was pretty obvious that I wasn’t being serious. Just doesn’t feel like real life making moves this early. Never mind for expensive teenagers. 

I like the movement from him when he’s in the centre of the penalty area and makes a slightly rounded move towards the 1st post and just steers it in. Also his coolness when he put Denayer on his arse when he scored against Lyon. 

I do think we'll see lots of deals getting done now as I think the new accounts period stated today? Any transfers done from here will count to a different financial year? Or am I just chatting utter shit? :lol:

1 minute ago, midds said:

I do think we'll see lots of deals getting done now as I think the new accounts period stated today? Any transfers done from here will count to a different financial year? Or am I just chatting utter shit? :lol:

It’s good shit! O0