More transfer rumours

midds

I love the Bundesliga and there's undoubtedly loads of talent over there. It's just that a number of teams play with a high press or a counter press when they aren't equipped to do so. It means it can be rather easy to score goals.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Sure, but their numbers are vastly inflated imo, particularly Lewa. Bayern have won the league 9 times in a row I think.

You could say the same about Mbappe but it doesnt stop people from praising him.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah you can, and I’m not saying Lewa is a bad player but that league certainly favours goal-scorers. Bayern are so dominant in that league that it’s essentially pointless. As soon as they played a decent team Villareal, they went out.

Yeah I wasnt going to discuss strikers from the Bundes really. The point was, if we can get Nkunku or Diaby we should see ourself very very very lucky.

Not saying they aren’t good players, it’s just the league they’re in makes it difficult to ascertain their actual quality. I’d be very happy with either (N’kunku more so) but you’ll be overpaying for goal scoring numbers that they won’t be able to replicate in tougher leagues.

Edited by McCormick

28 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Exactly that, its so hard to judge attacking players. Sancho was one of the best players in the league and he has not replicated it at Man United.

A good indicator is when they are performing on the same level when playing league, CL/EL, national.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Burnley signed one of the best Bundesliga forwards to replace Chris Wood and he wasn’t much better so that should act as a barometer.

*any better

6 hours ago, Ando7 said:

not long now,medicals booked in

Might be a challenge for Ekitike given he’s at the Toulon tournament and France are still in it if they beat Argentina tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Might be a challenge for Ekitike given he’s at the Toulon tournament and France are still in it if they beat Argentina tomorrow.

Medicals can be done during and contracts can be signed digitally now.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, hakka said:

Interesting way to look at the squad, quality aside we've got a lot past their peak and not enough coming through or at it.

Giggs played til he was in his late 30s, so…

14 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The traditional way of doing it is "we have too many players approaching/in their 30s."

I agree, a lot could be offloaded quite easily to the newly promoted clubs and those hoping to come up next season 

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I don’t think it will be that tricky to shift a lot of those players tbf

I feel like the major issue will be wages at NUFC vs accepting something elsewhere with a newly promoted club. Then again, Colback is a starter for Forest so I may be wrong.

12 minutes ago, woody said:

I feel like the major issue will be wages at NUFC vs accepting something elsewhere with a newly promoted club. Then again, Colback is a starter for Forest so I may be wrong.

Aye. I think the price will be right to sell easier than convincing the players to go somewhere and earn less. Could see more loans to see some of the players out the door. 

16 minutes ago, woody said:

I think there will be plenty of interest for the players we're looking to shift. We don't really have any Rodwells, our unwanted players pretty much all will be seen by other clubs as being good solid pros who aren't quite up to the level we're aiming for. We might have to subsidise some wages a bit but I think there'll be plenty of takers for all of the players we want rid of.

On 02/06/2022 at 14:50, KaKa said:

Um ... so whatever you do, do not watch the 'Amadou Haidara - High Level of Technique' video on youtube, or you will not be able to get over this guy. My God!

:drool:

6 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Exactly that, its so hard to judge attacking players. Sancho was one of the best players in the league and he has not replicated it at Man United.

He's been used terribly at Man U mind. He was always at his best when played as a pure right winger. Both England and Man Utd seems to have been obsessed with shoe horning him on the left. His best attributes are his pace and crossing/passing, both of which aren't as useful as a right footed player playing on the left. 

54 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Peak age range for goalies and centre backs seems a bit young! 

And midfielders - arguably Kevin De Bruyne is at his peak and he's 30.

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

He's been used terribly at Man U mind. He was always at his best when played as a pure right winger. Both England and Man Utd seems to have been obsessed with shoe horning him on the left. His best attributes are his pace and crossing/passing, both of which aren't as useful as a right footed player playing on the left. 

Sancho was great cutting in from the left for Dortmund.

He was great on the right when he had Hakimi making overlaps 20 times a game.

After Hakimi left Sancho played on the left loads. With Guerreiro behind him Sancho had to do lots of the defending too as Guerreiro is rarely interested in that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, duo said:

And midfielders - arguably Kevin De Bruyne is at his peak and he's 30.

Having a chat with a mate earlier and it's interesting that the best players in the world are all well into their 30s. De Bruyne is comparatively young in many respects.

Interesting to see the impact sports science is having on the game now even from 8-10 years ago.