More transfer rumours

midds

Alot of people on here (including me) were saying they wouldn't want Coutinho. But now he's gone to Villa, I've seen far more comments saying what a good signing that is for them.

If Villa also got PEA would most be slightly envious of them? I know I would. They may not be the players they were 5 years ago but they are still head and shoulders above what we have here.

'Proven strikers' aren't really a thing. Look at all the top clubs, how often do anyone of them buy a 'proven PL' striker? Lukaku is the only one I can think of. We're going to have to take risks from abroad.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I think we have been looking at bringing in a couple of strikers. One youngster good enough to be a squad player and develop further along with a more experienced one.

For the younger prospect I think it came down to a choice between Ekitike and the kid at Luton we have been watching Adebayo. Think Ekitike is a more high profile signing and looks a more refined and top tier prospect. Watching his clips he looks the more technical and skilled player. Think he looks a really exciting young talent.

Be interesting to see who the more experienced striker we bring in will be.

Just now, ToonScotman said:

Seen someone on Twitter suggest Nat Phillips and Joe Rodon and if I’m Eddie Howe I’d be all over that like a rash. Even just one of them by Saturday is a huge step forward.

Would take Rodon, but Levy would make Lille look like push overs in any negotiations.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Would take Rodon, but Levy would make Lille look like push overs in any negotiations.

Yeah, there's no chance Spurs are selling anyone to us, same probably goes for Liverpool. 

Edited by Jackie Broon

For all the money we have now its looking more like a dip into championship now.

We were absolutely pathetic against Cambridge.

And at the end of the match it showed how unhappy the Newcastle players are.

Its obvious what would happen when the new players came into the club.

Tripper wage of  £100,000 per week has drove a wedge between the players.

They totally ignored him when he asked them to go over to the crowd against Cambridge.

big players like Botman would not go any where near newcastle as we are /down now.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think we have been looking at bringing in a couple of strikers. One youngster good enough to be a squad player and develop further along with a more experienced one.

For the younger prospect I think it came down to a choice between Ekitike and the kid at Luton we have been watching Adebayo. Think Ekitike is a more high profile signing and looks a more refined and top tier prospect. Watching his clips he looks the more technical and skilled player. Think he looks a really exciting young talent.

Be interesting to see who the more experienced striker we bring in will be.

Very much hope you’re right. 

3 minutes ago, SuperFlat said:

Domestic, proven goalscorer = Fuck off

Foreign, unproven teenager = Get him in!

Doesn't score within a couple of games: Poor signing. Waste of £30M. Worrying.