More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10635879/Newcastle-draw-list-goalkeeper-targets-including-Kepa-Arrizabalaga-Dean-Henderson.html

Newcastle United have drawn up a list of goalkeeper targets for the summer that includes Chelsea's Kepa Arrizabalaga and Manchester United's Dean Henderson.

Number one Martin Dubravka has been one of the club's most consistent performers but Newcastle want increased competition across key areas ahead of next season as they build their new project.

Results under Eddie Howe in recent weeks mean they are on target to secure Premier League safety and they will hold a recruitment meeting at the end of this month to ascertain priority positions for the manager.

Work is already under way with Arrizabalaga and Henderson under consideration along with Arsenal's Bernd Leno and West Bromwich Albion's Sam Johnstone.

Newcastle will want to strengthen in midfield and attack too with the likes of Leeds' Kalvin Phillips, Yves Bissouma of Brighton, Bayer Leverkusen's Moussa Diaby and Brennan Johnson of Nottingham Forest among the other names being discussed next week.

Talk about an underwhelming list of keepers, don't think any of them is much of an improvement if at all over Dubravka 

21 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Talk about an underwhelming list of keepers, don't think any of them is much of an improvement if at all over Dubravka 

In terms of pure shot-stopping I would totally agree. I'd even say he is better at that aspect of being a keeper than some of them. But it's pretty clear at this point that Howe want's a keep who's comfortable with passing the ball out from the back. All those keepers are better with the ball at their feet that Dubravka. Out the lot mention I personally would want Leno. 

I'll say it again regarding the likes of Dybala/Neymar or whoever. I really dont think we will be signing anyone of this profile this summer (or next), they will be on far to much money compared to the rest of the squad and its a risk upsetting the dressing room/throwing wage structure out of balance. I expect us to go in another direction entirely and sign the likes of Bissouma/Antony/Paqueta rather than the already established mega expensive types. 

Edited by Nine

6 hours ago, Nine said:

I'll say it again regarding the likes of Dybala/Neymar or whoever. I really dont think we will be signing anyone of this profile this summer (or next), they will be on far to much money compared to the rest of the squad and its a risk upsetting the dressing room/throwing wage structure out of balance. I expect us to go in another direction entirely and sign the likes of Bissouma/Antony/Paqueta rather than the already established mega expensive types. 

I think we’ll be looking to go all out on a ‘marquee’ signing imo.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Remember FFP lads, I'm sure it will get forced down our throat at every opportunity this summer 

What better way to evidence our frugality than to target some handy free agents? :snod:

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Does that mean we can go as wild as we like?

Yes and no. It means that clubs can't spend more than 70% of their income, including wages, on transfers. However there'll be a 3 year transitional period, first 90%, then 80%. Clubs that can inflate their revenues or dilute the dodginess on their balance sheets a la Man City with sponsorships then obviously 90, 80 and 70% of their income is going to be far higher than clubs outside the big 6 and outside the PL. We'll be okay once we can get the sponsorships in, assuming that the 'fair market value' shite doesn't wash anymore or expired. If it's still in place, who knows but either way it's going to be some summer. Once we get into Europe (mainly the CL) our revenues will be incredibly big compared to what they were or are now. Last season's figures have us 28th and that's with no Europe, crowds and Ashley imposed austerity.

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Yes and no. It means that clubs can't spend more than 70% of their income, including wages, on transfers. However there'll be a 3 year transitional period, first 90%, then 80%. Clubs that can inflate their revenues or dilute the dodginess on their balance sheets a la Man City with sponsorships then obviously 90, 80 and 70% of their income is going to be far higher than clubs outside the big 6 and outside the PL. We'll be okay once we can get the sponsorships in, assuming that the 'fair market value' shite doesn't wash anymore or expired. If it's still in place, who knows but either way it's going to be some summer. Once we get into Europe (mainly the CL) our revenues will be incredibly big compared to what they were or are now. Last season's figures have us 28th and that's with no Europe, crowds and Ashley imposed austerity.

Shows how badly we were ran when the likes of Leeds and Southampton are above us. Leeds were out of the PL for fucking years.