More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

A RW is of more importance than a striker imo.  

Wilson and Wood are better strikers than Miggy, Fraser and Murphy are wide attacker. 

Rather see Miggy than Wood start for us. RW should be highest priority though. Miggy was decent in the end of last season. Much better in general play. Wood can't handle a ball. Neither score much.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

A RW is of more importance than a striker imo.  

Wilson and Wood are better strikers than Miggy, Fraser and Murphy are wide attacker. 

Never seen the quality of the players in those positions as the issue, the big issue is Wilsons inability to play a whole season. Wood is fine as a bench player or in certain cup games but he can't be our only striker for 50% of the season while Wilson is unavailable. 

ST is more important than RW in my opinion .

12 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Completely missing the point. We need a winger who can add goals to the side. It's quite clearly more important than bringing in another striker (which we obviously also need to do).

We need both, but yeah it's been too long since we had wide players who were capable of scoring 10 goals a season. It makes a massive difference.

I enjoy that be teed himself up with the Isak "exclusive" only to knock it down 48 hours later, despite other journos already reporting that we were unlikely to pay his fee.

Edited by The Prophet

He mentions us not wanting to pay the big wages but surely we can’t be going in for them without expecting them to want big money. If we can’t offer any European football or even the prospect of it relatively soon then we have to expect to pay bigger wages.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

If they're really unwilling to sersumvent FFP, then £25 on Wood and £10m on Pope (if Dubravka goes) isn't looking as good as it did. 

I'm not even sure it's that, I think that the club has its valuation of players and its reluctant to go too far over that.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Off topic - it's crazy how long people have been on this forum. I've been here 17 years. 2 or 3 people on this page alone have been here longer.

Glad you are all in good health and good spirits.

Scarier how quickly that time has passed, even with the Ashley era seeming like 100 years of misery.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not even sure it's that, I think that the club has its valuation of players and its reluctant to go too far over that.

Not sure the £25m for Wood lines up with that, unless the valuation took into account our desperation at the time. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Yep, they don't want to have their pants pulled down. It's not a good way to conduct business, and once you let one team do it, it makes dealing with other teams even more of a nightmare.