More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I was in Kos when Robert signed. Just remember thinking who?

I was on a local holiday, had one of those WAP phones which cost an arm and a leg to go online for just a few minutes.. there was some sort of teamtalk type thing with basic text.. same, who?

But they did mention he was a winger with a decent goals record. I think we’d already signed Bellamy at that point. Wasn’t particularly wowed by that signing either but Bobby knew what he was doing.

I was at their first game. The Rob Lee Testimonial. We lost to Bilbao. I was not that impressed with either of them, though Robert did look keen. Thought we'd finish 11th for the third year in a row, but then everything just clicked. Let's hope for a repeat. 

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, he was in a big sulk about that as he's quite a key member of the team. Watford shouldn't have done that really.

Dennis will need managing as he can be moody, but we've got the type of manager and atmosphere that will be really good for him.

In defence of Watford it was his country’s fault for not submitting the paperwork in time iirc. So Watford stuck to the rules. Totally understandable in the position they were in.

40 minutes ago, CaliMag said:

I was at their first game. The Rob Lee Testimonial. We lost to Bilbao. I was not that impressed with either of them, though Robert did look keen. Thought we'd finish 11th for the third year in a row, but then everything just clicked. Let's hope for a repeat. 

My first ever game at SJP. Remember next to nowt about it mind, except thwt we lost. 

1 hour ago, CaliMag said:

I don’t think we’ve brought in the spark yet which is going to set the whole thing off. Like Bellamy could finish obviously but he was just electric with pace and generally made intelligent runs behind. Very few defenders got the better of him when it came to that he was also a massive arsehole so he had players wound up all the time. Actually loved having him at the club and he shouldn’t have been sold.

Would take both maddison and barnes. Either one would improve us alot. 

But maddison is more like Paqueta and would pick Paqueta over Maddison. Will prolly come cheaper to. 

Edited by snakzz

3 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Would take both maddison and barnes. Either one would improve us alot. 

But maddison is more like Paqueta and would pick Paqueta over Maddison. Will prolly come cheaper to. 

Agree with this 100%

Maddison would improve us immeasurably. I can’t see Leicester selling mind. I can’t see him going for it either given he’s been on the verge of a Champions League move for a while. 

If true, the fact that he’s allegedly keen and only has two years on his contract definitely works in our favour. 

Doesn’t sign a new contract and they get substantially less than £40m next year or nothing in two years. And sounds like that isn’t really a viable option for them in their current financial situation.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Hmm, wondering which of his legs we've bid for with that figure.

That just about covers his constant dives.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

If true, the fact that he’s allegedly keen and only has two years on his contract definitely works in our favour. 

Doesn’t sign a new contract and they get substantially less than £40m next year or nothing in two years. And sounds like that isn’t really a viable option for them in their current financial situation.

The issue is a bloated squad and wages. Next summer we have loads of dross out of contract and it frees up huge amounts of cash. It’s a short term issue.