More transfer rumours

midds

Maddison would be an absolute dream of a signing. Sub-question - do any of you think we are purposely targeting English talent over foreign imports or is it just coincidence that the lions share of the signings have all been English?

Whether we sign him or not, that sort of situation can’t not unsettle a player. One way or the other we’re potentially putting one over on Leicester who could be in for a struggle this season.

Just now, BennyBlanco said:

Maddison would be an absolute dream of a signing. Sub-question - do any of you think we are purposely targeting English talent over foreign imports or is it just coincidence that the lions share of the signings have all been English?

Lion’s share of the links (if genuine) haven’t been English. Doubt we’re doing a retro Yorkshire cricket thang. 

53 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I despise the little rat but I’d probably like him more if he got lots of goals and assists for newcastle. 

I despise him and I don't want him. If we bought him and he did well for us I'd be pleased, but I'd still despise him.

1 minute ago, BennyBlanco said:

I think it’s very deliberate. Clearly backroom unity and club identity matter a great deal to Howe.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

So why mention our name you absolute gob shite!

Because we've been linked to him over the last few days and he probably knows he'll be inundated with questions about us? :lol:

26 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Haven’t watched this in a long time. 

Apparently they filmed John Mills downing a real pint for the scene and they had to do around 8 takes of it, so he was rather pissed by the end 

Anthony Quayle was base up here when he was in the intelligence in the army! He was in the same regiment as me dad!

9 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Maddison would be fantastic but again, we’re going for a player that a club isn’t interested in selling. There’s no way we’ll bid the required 60m+ to get him, unfortunately.

I think Leicester are open to selling everyone to raise a certain amount then close shop.

59 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I despise the little rat but I’d probably like him more if he got lots of goals and assists for newcastle. 

He feels that sort of player where you love his shithousery if he plays for you, but is despised by everyone else. 

A bit like Gordon at Everton, although I think that's more to do with his face :lol:

Just looking at where he played for leicester last season

Right of 3 in a 4-2-3-1

Right forward of a 4-3-3

Centre of  3 in a 4-2-3-1

Right of a 4 in a 3-1-4-2

Right centre mid in a 4-3-3

11 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Maddison would be fantastic but again, we’re going for a player that a club isn’t interested in selling. There’s no way we’ll bid the required 60m+ to get him, unfortunately.

I agree but also think (based on nothing) that Maddison would possibly force a move if he wanted it.

I reckon £50m and we’d get him - which would be an outstanding signing and reasonable value.

Would almost certainly be a statement too, walking in and taking their best player off them.

2 hours ago, Foxedup said:

£40m is just embarrassing lads.

It’s a start though. You don’t go in with an offer anywhere near you are willing to pay. If we offered £60m, you’d want 80 

18 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I've thought this too, seems a significant portion of our recruitment - both on and off the field - are British orientated in some way, too much to be a coincidence imo.