More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Always wary of buying attackers from the Bundesliga, makes the Eredivisie look like Catenaccio Centraal.

Nah, no different from anywhere else. If you’re good enough, mentally for the PL as well as technically, then you’ll be fine. Firmino, Son, Sane, De Bruyne, Aubameyang etc have all done pretty well! 

I've gone back and forth on Lingard but I'd certainly take him at this point. Where previously we've looked capable of being dangerous, I basically never feel confident that we're going to score now. It's Maxi or nowt unless Wood can establish himself, but even then the latter needs better service. 

If we're to continue with the set-up and style of play we've been seeing, the order of priority is, imo:

CM/CDM      critical 

CB                 high

RW                medium

CAM             medium

CF no 2        medium

LB                 low

GKP              summer

If we're changing tack - for instance, going with three CBs and wing-backs (which, tbh, I've wondered if Howe has had in mind given then desire for two new CBs and a LB) - then we could probably mitigate not signing a Shelvey replacement. 

(for fun, as our work IT systems are kaput):

Dubravka

Carlos      Fernandez    Schar 

Trippier                                        Gosens

Shelvey     Joelinton

Lingard                        ASM

Wood

... a la Rafa's 5-4-1 out of possession/3-4-3 in possession, with Lingard and Maxi as Almiron and Perez. 

10 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

It's utter bollocks. He's not leaving on loan anywhere.

Dunno, the MEN are fairly reliable for all things Man Utd. Sounds like he's still not entirely sure on it, reckon it could be something for the final couple of days of the window.

Full story here - https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-transfer-newcastle-lingard-22796663

Just now, Scoot said:

Lingard will instantly improve us. Yes, he's not the most fantastic player ever, but people need to ask themselves if he improves us and the answer is yes.

Shelvey out, Lingard in, it's just better.

Guest reefatoon

After a little You tube scouting, that Bakker looked like he puts in a great cross. Would be a lovely change not having the ball being leathered into oblivion from that position. Bring the lad in.

Lingard would obviously become our best midfield player and walk straight into the midfield three, but he would need to be complemented by a defensive two with him similar to West Ham with Rice and Souchek. I think we already have a Souchek type player in Joelinton, but are missing that Rice style of player 

4 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Lingard would obviously become our best midfield player and walk straight into the midfield three, but he would need to be complemented by a defensive two with him similar to West Ham with Rice and Souchek. I think we already have a Souchek type player in Joelinton, but are missing that Rice style of player 

He's a forward not a midfield player. More of a wide man or playing behind the main striker I would say.