More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Mountain said:

Personally I'm loving life right now and enjoying the roller coaster we are on. We're the richest club in the world by a mile and all will be groovy in due course.

Richest club in the world - cringe 

Once you get into the billions it’s all just noise 

We have the richest owners - big difference 

We still have to compete with rich clubs for the best players 

Not easy 

2 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Personally I'm loving life right now and enjoying the roller coaster we are on. We're the richest club in the world by a mile and all will be groovy in due course.

At least the Championship will be fun.

Just now, Dokko said:

Same mistakes, they may have more money. Don't forget Ashley was the messiah for the 1st year as well. 

What mistakes exactly? We've signed a high class right back and an unfashionable ST, are actively working on multiple fronts to sign players that will actually improve the squad, and while it's not the smoothest ride, they're actually trying to make the club better, and are prepared to learn from there mistakes. To say theyre no better them Ashley is beyond laughable.

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Same mistakes, they may have more money. Don't forget Ashley was the messiah for the 1st year as well. 

Mate, I know you're frustrated, but they sanctioned the second most expensive deal in club history about a week ago. 

Just now, 54 said:

What mistakes exactly? We've signed a high class right back and an unfashionable ST, are actively working on multiple fronts to sign players that will actually improve the squad, and while it's not the smoothest ride, they're actually trying to make the club better, and are prepared to learn from there mistakes. To say theyre no better them Ashley is beyond laughable.

They've done fuck all but make noise. I'll base my opinions on them from their actions which are so far lacking. All you are hearing is paper talk, if you want to buy in to it fine. I'll wait to see action and so far its far from enough to stay up. 

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

RB wasn't urgent and Wood doesn't address the striker issue. Considering its our soft centre and weak minded defender dropping us wins at alarming rates we've done next to fuck all to stop it. They've panicked and bought Wood for £25m yet they quibble over £6m in a position we're desperate for, £3.5m loan fee for a player who could get goals. Penny wish, pound foolish. Just like Ashley. Going down with this lot. They've had their chance to turn it around and blown it spectacularly.  

Spoiler

:dowiespin:

Just now, Dokko said:

They've done fuck all but make noise. I'll base my opinions on them from their actions which are so far lacking. All you are hearing is paper talk, if you want to buy in to it fine. I'll wait to see action and so far its far from enough to stay up. 

You do realise there are still 10 days left of the window? And you know January is notoriously difficult to do business in? This isn't Football Manager, you can't just splurge £200 million on an entirely new squad. 

It's actually really annoying me how expectant people have become, I would have thought after 14 years of utter shite people would tame there expectations slightly, allow them a bit of time to change the culture of the club, give them a bit of slack but no everything has to be here and now. 

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

You do realise there are still 10 days left of the window? And you know January is notoriously difficult to do business in? This isn't Football Manager, you can't just splurge £200 million on an entirely new squad. 

It's actually really annoying me how expectant people have become, I would have thought after 14 years of utter shite people would tame there expectations slightly, allow them a bit of time to change the culture of the club, give them a bit of slack but no everything has to be here and now. 

Sure you'll be telling me 5 days and then 5 hours, then tell me its not Fifa when the window closes and when we go down tell me there was nothing they could do about it.

Don't piss on my back and tell me its raining.

It does feel like people have lost sight of the fact that we're in this mess, requiring 3-4 quality additions bare minimum, thanks to Mike Ashley. Perhaps the consortium could have gone about their business a bit better, but let's not forget why we're in this position.

Just now, The Prophet said:

It does feel like people have lost sight of the fact that we're in this mess, requiring 3-4 quality additions bare minimum, thanks to Mike Ashley. Perhaps the consortium could have gone about their business a bit better, but let's not forget why we're in this position.

Let's not absolve the PL either. 

It obviously just comes down to them not being cutout for the task yet. They wouldn't be putting big bids in for defenders if they weren't serious. It' ignorance rather than malace I just wish people would stop pretending January transfer windows are some kind of mythical beast.

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It obviously just comes down to them not being cutout for the task yet. They wouldn't be putting big bids in for defenders if they weren't serious. It' ignorance rather than malace I just wish people would stop pretending January transfer windows are some kind of mythical beast.

They're not, but there's a reason most clubs avoid it like the plague unless necessary.

I think it was always going to be difficult and new owners were always going to make some mistakes plus January and new money when we are in our position makes me think we will end up going down. It's so frustrating and you would have hoped we would get a few results but our team is lopsided and full of trash. 

If clubs keep hiking the prices as know we are desperate it's going to be a struggle, I still think we will sign players we need by 31st but will need a hell of an effort to stay up and will need to go on a run starting with Everton on the 8th. I probably won't bother watching Leeds game as won't be pretty