More transfer rumours

midds

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Knocking on 3 weeks and none of the major issues we have with the squad have been addressed. Quite astonishing really.

Except for the 2 we did. But otherwise I agree, it's hugely frustrating on the CB and CM front.

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Except for the 2 we did. But otherwise I agree, it's hugely frustrating on the CB and CM front.

RB wasn't urgent and Wood doesn't address the striker issue. Considering its our soft centre and weak minded defender dropping us wins at alarming rates we've done next to fuck all to stop it. They've panicked and bought Wood for £25m yet they quibble over £6m in a position we're desperate for, £3.5m loan fee for a player who could get goals. Penny wish, pound foolish. Just like Ashley. Going down with this lot. They've had their chance to turn it around and blown it spectacularly.  

Edited by Dokko

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

RB wasn't urgent and Wood doesn't address the striker issue. Considering its our soft centre and weak minded defender dropping us wins at alarming rates we've done next to fuck all to stop it. They've panicked and bought Wood for £25m yet they quibble over £6m in a position we're desperate for, £3.5m loan fee for a player who could get goals. Penny wish, pound foolish. Just like Ashley. Going down with this lot. They've had their chance to turn it around and blown it spectacularly.  

"Just like Ashley" have a word with yourself like :lol: 

You have to be careful though. We're only getting so many through the door and if you start just jumping at the first deal we may get to February 1 with a bunch of bad deals on our hands. Right now, I've set the clock on my judgement of the club's business as September 1.

That might sound ridiculous to many of you reading this, but the reason I say that is because we have two transfer windows at that point. The first, clearly truncated, presents a lot of moving parts and obstacles to navigate - least of all the ongoing games and results changing our needs in the market. That's incredibly difficult and why most successful teams don't do much incoming business in January but for a sprinkle of something extra.

Come the summer we'll know our fate, and we'll have several months to enact true sweeping changes including those at the top of the tree. We'll know who wants to stay, who wants to go, and we'll have no games to contend with. I also anticipate the market will have settled somewhat and most top players will want moves sorted early with a World Cup in mind that Christmas. That's not to say I don't anticipate mistakes, but if come September 1 we're still bemoaning squad frailties then I can start to question the decision makers. 

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Personally I'm loving life right now and enjoying the roller coaster we are on. We're the richest club in the world by a mile and all will be groovy in due course.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

"Just like Ashley" have a word with yourself like :lol: 

Same mistakes, they may have more money. Don't forget Ashley was the messiah for the 1st year as well. 

1 minute ago, Mountain said:

Personally I'm loving life right now and enjoying the roller coaster we are on. We're the richest club in the world by a mile and all will be groovy in due course.

Richest club in the world - cringe 

Once you get into the billions it’s all just noise 

We have the richest owners - big difference 

We still have to compete with rich clubs for the best players 

Not easy 

2 minutes ago, Mountain said:

At least the Championship will be fun.

Just now, Dokko said:

Same mistakes, they may have more money. Don't forget Ashley was the messiah for the 1st year as well. 

What mistakes exactly? We've signed a high class right back and an unfashionable ST, are actively working on multiple fronts to sign players that will actually improve the squad, and while it's not the smoothest ride, they're actually trying to make the club better, and are prepared to learn from there mistakes. To say theyre no better them Ashley is beyond laughable.

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Mate, I know you're frustrated, but they sanctioned the second most expensive deal in club history about a week ago. 

Just now, 54 said:

What mistakes exactly? We've signed a high class right back and an unfashionable ST, are actively working on multiple fronts to sign players that will actually improve the squad, and while it's not the smoothest ride, they're actually trying to make the club better, and are prepared to learn from there mistakes. To say theyre no better them Ashley is beyond laughable.

They've done fuck all but make noise. I'll base my opinions on them from their actions which are so far lacking. All you are hearing is paper talk, if you want to buy in to it fine. I'll wait to see action and so far its far from enough to stay up. 

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Spoiler

:dowiespin:

Just now, Dokko said:

They've done fuck all but make noise. I'll base my opinions on them from their actions which are so far lacking. All you are hearing is paper talk, if you want to buy in to it fine. I'll wait to see action and so far its far from enough to stay up. 

You do realise there are still 10 days left of the window? And you know January is notoriously difficult to do business in? This isn't Football Manager, you can't just splurge £200 million on an entirely new squad. 

It's actually really annoying me how expectant people have become, I would have thought after 14 years of utter shite people would tame there expectations slightly, allow them a bit of time to change the culture of the club, give them a bit of slack but no everything has to be here and now. 

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

You do realise there are still 10 days left of the window? And you know January is notoriously difficult to do business in? This isn't Football Manager, you can't just splurge £200 million on an entirely new squad. 

It's actually really annoying me how expectant people have become, I would have thought after 14 years of utter shite people would tame there expectations slightly, allow them a bit of time to change the culture of the club, give them a bit of slack but no everything has to be here and now. 

Sure you'll be telling me 5 days and then 5 hours, then tell me its not Fifa when the window closes and when we go down tell me there was nothing they could do about it.

Don't piss on my back and tell me its raining.

• Yorkie changed the title to January Transfer Window 2022 Rumours (DEADLINE DAY): Targett signs, Burn undergoing medical, Ekitike and Lingard deals dead
  • Rich changed the title to More transfer rumours