More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How many domestic loans are we allowed ?

Two.

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

Edited by Manxst

On 15/01/2022 at 11:22, Rich said:

Don’t rate Targett much, like. About as average as it gets.

Late to the party on this one. 

Targett is defensively very solid indeed. Had a poor first season with us, then a brilliant second one (think he was player of the year, or thereabouts).

If we let him go, it'll be because he doesn't offer enough going forward, and attacking full backs is a key tenet of Gerrard's way of playing.

If you're looking for a defensively very strong full back, though, Targett is definitely that. I'd much rather keep him, even if he's now behind Digne.

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

Targett is defensively very solid indeed. Had a poor first season with us, then a brilliant second one (think he was player of the year, or thereabouts).

If we let him go, it'll be because he doesn't offer enough going forward, and attacking full backs is a key tenet of Gerrard's way of playing.

If you're looking for a defensively very strong full back, though, Targett is definitely that. I'd much rather keep him, even if he's now behind Digne.

He’s looked like a fit slightly better on the ball version of Dummett whenever I’ve seen him, I’d have him here like!

I’d be very content right now that if by the end of the window we end up getting the players needed in, in the positions needed. Ideally one or two would have been signed for the Leeds game, but it’s looking unlikely. I can see the final few days being manic and exciting and maybe equally highly nerve wracking. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Unless a few players leave which I reckon we might struggle with, we’re going to end up paying a couple of million in dead wages too on players we have to un-register. People like Hendrick, Gayle…

It's not like they've played any games anyway when in the squad.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We might end up doing what Sunderland did with Grigg by paying way over on deadline day, but I think we will get at least the two critical positions when it’s all done.

Thoose two critical positions being CB, DCM, CM, LB, AMR and ST 😉

40 minutes ago, brummie said:

I may be remembering it wrong. But don’t Howe’s teams often have fullbacks pushing on and supporting? Not sure he would suit, if that is the case. 

44 minutes ago, brummie said:

Sorry mate, we might be struggling but can do better. It’s not just about this season but also next, if he’s not good enough for you he’s probably not good enough for us too.

25 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

?? He is good enough for us and he just said he would like to keep him?

He’s really not. His distribution and crossing are awful, would rather stick with Lewis/Dummy. He’d be the Chris Wood of LB signings for me. No thank you.

Ach well. Seems another week without signings that are much needed. Which is disappointing as we could be doing with fresh faces liven the place up and boost our chances against Leeds a very winnable game same as last week with Watford. Should have been working on multiple positions and players from before January but it seems we are struggling to do so, only concentrating on one deal at a time. Why was the likes of Lingard availability not explored last week instead of Wednesday which has now dragged into today with not much further. If we got even one in before Saturday then most would be content as we know it’s a struggle and it was always going to go down to the wire with signings. Just pretty underwhelming when we should have had a big push at the start before Watford and Leeds then panic at the end. If we somehow manage to take 3 points off Leeds I’ll stop complaining.