More transfer rumours

midds

52 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Probably did three or four years ago when they first wanted to buy the club. And then the Masters shitshow happened and people they were in contact with got other jobs etc. Are you expecting them to have ongoing potential appointments in place for all those years just in case the PL rushed it through as they did? 

Id expect them to have had contacts that could speed up a manager or a dof appointment should the time come, these people should be professional enough to be prepared in that sense. 

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Id expect them to have had contacts that could speed up a manager or a dof appointment should the time come, these people should be professional enough to be prepared in that sense. 

That’s just unrealistic imo. Someone who wanted to come three years ago (Rafa?) is more than likely someone who won’t be able to come three years later. People won’t hang on that long just in case. ‘Contacts’…like Hammond, McParland etc can’t magic an available DoF.

Just now, Manxst said:

That’s just unrealistic imo. Someone who wanted to come three years ago (Rafa?) is more than likely someone who won’t be able to come three years later. People won’t hang on that long just in case. ‘Contacts’…like Hammond, McParland etc can’t magic an available DoF.

Hammond and McParland hardly come with glowing references though.

Just now, Manxst said:

I know. So it seems it’s hard to even get decent ‘contacts’ let alone actual appointments. 

Fair point, I’ve said before but I think everyone would relax regardless of possible relegation if they get the upcoming CEO and DOF appointments right.

21 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I’m not saying they should have made contacts 3 years ago and expect the situation to be the same now. I’m saying they should have kept prepared for the takeover to go through and stayed up to date with which potential employees could be available to come in within a month or two of the takeover being completed. If this is not the case then it’s poor. 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

I’m not saying they should have made contacts 3 years ago and expect the situation to be the same now. I’m saying they should have kept prepared for the takeover to go through and stayed up to date with which potential employees could be available to come in within a month or two of the takeover being completed. If this is not the case then it’s poor. 

Who is available?

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Gosens is class. But much more of a LWB/LW than a FB. We’d definitely be going 5 at the back if we got him. 

If we got another 2 cb I wouldn't mind going 5 at the back with Dummet in there at lb and 2 wingback providing width. 

11 full days left.  Need another 4 signings in I think. That's going to be a big ask in such a short space of time.

Past the point now where we'll be able to get anyone in for Leeds so as long as we get the bodies in I couldn't care less whether they all happen on deadline day.

If we sign both Bakker and Gosens, is it a sign that we'll play 4-4-2? With Bakker as LB and Gosens as LW.

Maybe that will put ASM as one of two strikers. Could be a good thing as ASM offers nothing in defence and can't play as a lone striker.

Edited by Toon No9

6 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

If we sign both Bakker and Gosens, is it a sign that we'll play 4-4-2? With Bakker as LB and Gosens as LW.

Maybe that will put ASM as one of two strikers. Could be a good thing as ASM offers nothing in defence and can't play as a lone striker.

Definitely not a good thing imo, ASM should be played wide or not at all.