More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, nemtizz said:

I think the logic is that if Dubs is injured we’re fucked. 

True Dubs has been injured quite a lot over last couple of seasons. Would hate to rely on Darlow 

1 minute ago, morpeth mag said:

Howe was quick to praise Dubravka after the Leeds win but you suspect he wants better. Henderson might be more of an opportunity than a priority.

We do need better but mediumish term. IMO anyway.

At present is it 4 players that need to be added to the 25 man squad? You would think Woodman will not make the cut after this window, but who else gets cut/sold with just over a day remaining?

You would think Howe wouldn't want 3 mixing with the U23 if they won't be around. 

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

Such a simplistic view. I  think wood is shite (my view I’m not arguing that point again) Burn is decent but he’s also 5th choice. So yes we’ve addressed areas and brought in numbers.

we aimed for 2 centre half’s. A left back and another forward. So That’s 3 key positions we haven’t covered and 1 brought in I don’t rate and another who wasn’t near first choice so yeah I think 5/6 out of 10 is sufficient. 

There's absolutely no chance Burn is 5th choice. He'd be our best CB.

1 minute ago, robbo_11 said:

At present is it 4 players that need to be added to the 25 man squad? You would think Woodman will not make the cut after this window, but who else gets cut/sold with just over a day remaining?

You would think Howe wouldn't want 3 mixing with the U23 if they won't be around. 

Not a chance Hendrick makes the squad. Gayle probably out too 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

There's absolutely no chance Burn is 5th choice. He'd be our best CB.

I don’t mean 5th choice in our squad :lol:

i meant botman, schlotterbeck, Carlos & Badiashile all reportedly wanted before him 

Edited by gdm

10 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Burn takes it to 83million spent.

Can’t recall us ever spending that much in one window. 

I don't even think we've spent that much in ALL the Ashley-era windows put together[emoji38]

Got to drop at least one full back, having 6 registered is just stupid. Hendrick too, since Matty can fill the same squad cover role without taking a space (Or Hayden if his injury is bad, since he's shite too.) We don't need 4 keepers so one of them has to go. Last one is more difficult. I'd probably chop Ritchie since I don't see a place for him but there's 0 chance of Howe doing that. 

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Got to drop at least one full back, having 6 registered is just stupid. Hendrick too, since Matty can fill the same squad cover role without taking a space (Or Hayden if his injury is bad, since he's shite too.) We don't need 4 keepers so one of them has to go. Last one is more difficult. I'd probably chop Ritchie since I don't see a place for him but there's 0 chance of Howe doing that. 

We’ll drop a centre half hopefully Clark 

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

No, just making a link between shit British players (or those from a PL club) being linked to us and his record of 43 of his 50 fee-commanding transfers previously fitting that memo. 

People mock Dyche at Burnley, but Howe’s record isn’t far from that.

I think you are completely wrong.

From what I see this window our first choices have all been top players from abroad. However, with so much difficulty bringing them in, they have then decided to go for solid, reliable and prem experienced players as a stop gap measure so they can return for those top foreign players in the summer. They've opted for that approach rather than go for players from abroad that are not top tier, and so are not as certain of coming in and performing right away.

Bruno was the one instance where we were able to acquire a top tier player for a price that was in line with our valuation and the player was also happy to come to the club. And so we were able to tie up that deal.

There's only Villa and Everton who've been as active in the transfer market and I'd rate the quality of our incomings/business higher than theirs, aside from perhaps Coutinho, who I'm not especially arsed about missing out on.