More transfer rumours

midds

21 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Wtf what a knob! 

I'll give it a couple of weeks til reuben and staveleys fella come off twitter

Absolute fucking whoppers tagging them in shit like that

Problem is it tarnishes the full fan base, mind there's loads more where that came from

Fucking idiots

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I said we need to secure a few signings before the window opens or else we would be in trouble. And some people asking where’s my diapers.

See? Every team are holding us ransom now. That’s the consequence. 

Thought I'd read enough after ass but diapers tips it over the edge

7 minutes ago, worthy said:

For all their prep and research/work before this window - its been a lot of linking to all sorts of players, and almost no meat. What gives I wonder.

Got to be honest I got a little concerned about this window when Nicky Hammond got the job. Awful record 

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Got to be honest I got a little concerned about this window when Nicky Hammond got the job. Awful record 

I will admit that I knew nothing of him until I googled when we gave him the job for the window. But it didnt really give me the confidence either, and now the first winnable game is getting closer and we are stuck with the same squad that couldnt beat a league 1 team. Feeling way more nervous in the bad way rather in the good we can smash them way.

44 minutes ago, HTT II said:

One of the good things about Carr is he had great contacts within clubs and knew before we made bids if a club was a willing seller or not or if players had certain clauses we could trigger to engineer a move. I do hope we aren’t just looking at all these players thinking money alone will work, it’s much more complicated. We drastically need to improve our relations with lots of clubs and sadly that’s mostly through agents. 

Agree, which is why we should have had a DoF well sorted and bedded in before the transfer window opened. 

DOF should have been a priority before the opening of the transfer window, I’m just hoping between them all we can sign some quality players, Trippier’s signing does bode well he’s of the type of player we need more of.I’m still optimistic, it’s 11 days in still!

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

So its all gone quiet. Either...

a) its all gone tits up

b) Their about to announce 2 or 3 players that will blow our minds...

That or they have stopped leaking stuff to the media…

7 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The Cambridge defeat was the perfect sabotage mission for our transfer window, pretty much took all the feel good factor from the club.

Yep. Totally checked out this week after that result. 

All this talk about Carr, we're looking back on his time with very rosy glasses. He worked with one or two agents in our nearest neighbouring country where agents and players were sold on the idea that players could come to Newcastle for a year or two and were then guaranteed to move on if they performed well. In the process, the player and agent received big payments/bonuses in quick succession. We were an easy introduction to the Premier League for players with no pressure as they only had to avoid relegation.

Do we really want Newcastle to still be selling itself as a stepping stone? Carr wasn't that great, if he was then he would not have stayed at Newcastle for so long. He would have gone elsewhere where he could have signed all these "supposedly" missed players.

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

Wasn't it strongly rumoured that McClaren was appointed on Carr's advice?

Yup, I mean Carr was a good scout but he wasn’t a director of football. 

The club was a rudderless ship under Ashley i can’t even fathom how we ended up spending most of our time in the premier league given his appalling decision making.