More transfer rumours

midds

The target is to finish in top 6 in the league next season. If we were to achieve that, I definitely don’t see Wilson as the main striker (do you honestly think Wilson could secure a starting position in teams like Arsenal or Spurs?).  The same goes for a few other positions, including the right winger and the central and attacking midfielders. 

10 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

The target is to finish in top 6 in the league next season. If we were to achieve that, I definitely don’t see Wilson as the main striker (do you honestly think Wilson could secure a starting position in teams like Arsenal or Spurs?).  The same goes for a few other positions, including the right winger and the central and attacking midfielders. 

Wilson up front instead of Lacazette, yes he would improve Arsenal. That's not saying I don't respect what a great player Lacazette was.

You have also conveniently left out Man Utd, who would be improved by having someone like Wilson up front.

Neither would have him, but that's more to do with Wilson not being a big name.

Yes we need a striker but Wilson can have a big role to play for us.

Also, who says top 6 is the target? 6th to 10th would be a fair target next year IMO.

Id like throw an arguement in for signing Bale, hear me out.

We need to look like we mean business, that means signing known players/stars and although Bale is past his best you can see he still has massive quality.

We also need a squad of players, we can't be relying on Almirons, Murphys etc, going forward.

When building a squad, we need to look at short term and long term. Yes we need to prioritise spending our transfer budget on players for the future like Bruno/Botman/Nunez etc but we should also be looking to add players who can bolster the squad with quality for relatively little transfer fee.

Let's be honest, Bale probably wants back to the PL, he understands he's no longer going to start every game, he also understands he can't demand the same wages he's on now. Presuming his contract would end at Madrid, I'd be well up for signing Bale for nothing and giving him a 2 year deal.

People also forget one of Bales best qualities is his aerial ability, get Trippier delivering crosses for him and he might contribute 5-10 goals for us next year.

The point being, aside from our main targets, which should absolutely be players who the club can look to in the long term, we shouldn't turn our noses up to ageing stars who could put us on the map again. It's about utilising every area of the transfer market.

Imagine the shirt sales from signing Bale man. :lol:

1 minute ago, STM said:

Has he already said he's retiring? Fuck sake. Took me ages coming up with that shite.:lol:

It’s not confirmed it was just rumoured that If wales didn’t qualify he would retire. I’m just assuming that he would then retire after it if they qualify.

Just now, Klaus said:

We shouldn't be signing players who are winding down their careers. We need young talented players who want to be here.

I agree with what you are saying but I'd make exceptions for the right player (not Bale) who would both contribute on the pitch and possibly more importantly raise standards in training. Just look at the impact Beardsley had 2nd time around and even more recently the impact of Trippier. 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The fact we managed to sign players of the calibre of Trippier and Bruno, when we were sat in 19th position makes me pretty fucking excited for the summer.

I can't wait for the summer and talk of £50 million is nonsense, to put that in perspective £45 million would roughly get you Targett and Botman. In the last few days of the transfer window we had bids in for Botman, Carlos and Ekitike that far exceeded £50 million. The owners have mentioned winning trophies in five years time so I fully expect us to have a team to compete between 5th and 10th place next season.

One thing I'd like Howe to do is to put down a marker like Keegan did in selling David Kelly after he was the top scorer in our promotion season. That was a brilliant move by Keegan as it sent a strong message that standards were being raised and if you don't keep up then you'll be out. It also signalled that Keegan meant serious business no matter how popular you were as a player. Possibly not all together but I'd be happy to see a few from Lascelles, Wood, Willock, Fraser and Dubravka shown the door.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

The fact we managed to sign players of the calibre of Trippier and Bruno, when we were sat in 19th position makes me pretty fucking excited for the summer.

Yep looking forward to it more than the January window because from here on in, we'll be bringing quality players only, and we can be far more strategic about our recruitment as, hopefully we'll be established as a Premier team for ever.

On 24/03/2022 at 05:40, Guybrush said:

I'm not saying this to be contrarian, but I've never understood the Pogba hype. Maybe I've just not seen enough of him play?

I remember watching him when it was the Juve/Barca CL final and not understanding the hype then too.

I don't watch Man U much, so I only see the headlines complaining about his effort and attitude. Headlines are often wrong though, so if he is world class I'd be happy to see him here, provided he fits in with Howe's plans.

The fact we're even talking about this is mental considering we had to watch Colback week in week out.

He was unreal in that Juve midfield with Vidal, Marchisio, and Pirlo. Which may have a lot to do with the fact that he was in a midfield with Vidal, Marchisio, and Pirlo. :lol: