More transfer rumours

midds

Guest reefatoon

He wouldn't be playing every week there, and the way he legged it from us the last time, he's not going to want to come back to the premiership and not play regularly.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10708215/Newcastle-add-Brighton-winger-Leandro-Trossard-list-potential-targets.html

Newcastle United have added Brighton's Leandro Trossard to their list of potential wing targets.

Newcastle crowd favourite Allan Saint-Maximin is expected to be sold this summer with any fee likely to be reinvested into their rebuild.

Nottingham Forest's Brennan Johnson and Bayer Leverkusen's Moussa Diaby are two wingers they have already compiled reports in but Newcastle face fierce competition on both.

Meanwhile, one signing Newcastle do expect to complete is the permanent move for left back Matt Targett.

The 26-year old has impressed since joining from Aston Villa in January and Newcastle are poised to complete the deal for around £15m plus their loan fee which is understood included a bonus for Premier League survival.

The most annoying thing about Merino is that when fit towards the back end of that season, Rafa completely froze him out despite being safe with a few games to go. Regardless of the release clause I got the impression he didn’t think his career was going as planned under Benitez.

9 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10708215/Newcastle-add-Brighton-winger-Leandro-Trossard-list-potential-targets.html

Newcastle United have added Brighton's Leandro Trossard to their list of potential wing targets. Nope

Newcastle crowd favourite Allan Saint-Maximin is expected to be sold this summer with any fee likely to be reinvested into their rebuild. Nope

Nottingham Forest's Brennan Johnson Yep and Bayer Leverkusen's Moussa Diaby Yep are two wingers they have already compiled reports in but Newcastle face fierce competition on both.

Meanwhile, one signing Newcastle do expect to complete is the permanent move for left back Matt Targett.

The 26-year old has impressed since joining from Aston Villa in January and Newcastle are poised to complete the deal for around £15m plus their loan fee which is understood included a bonus for Premier League survival.

3 hours ago, Jagten said:

Bad touch and poor decision maker. Elite goal-scoring output in the Portuguese league has not historically been an especially high watermark (Jonas, Jackson Martinez, Bas Dost).

Good first touch for his goal against Liverpool with his left. Not seen a lot of him obviously

I do find it odd that some people will turn their nose up at Trossard yet suggest we go for a unproven kid from Forrest who hasn't even played a full season in the Championship.

Trossard would be underwhelming but he's better than Murphy and Fraser.

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I do find it odd that some people will turn their nose up at Trossard yet suggest we go for a unproven kid from Forrest who hasn't even played a full season in the Championship.

Phrasing it as some sort of arrogance if you don't want XYZ player seems very weird to me. If we got Trossard in I'd welcome and root for him, but before it's a fact that he's here I want to see something new and exciting at Newcastle next season, young players with potential to be soley associated with Newcastle as we build a future trophy winning team. Trossard, Lingaard, Zaha we've seen them playing for years, they won't develop any further. They will marginally improve our team in the short term but none of them will improve us long term and will need to be replaced within ~2 seasons. Brennan Johnson may turn out not to be as good as them, but for now at least he has the potential to be much greater than all of them and unless he completely flops Ali Dia style we'd easily find potential suitors who'd take a chance on him due to young age and what he's done at Forest. If we got Zaha or Lindgaard in and they flop, who'd take a 30+ year old winger on +£150k a week off our books? None.

This is the team I’d like to see kick off next season, tried to keep it realistic but hard not to get carried away.

Dubravka

Trippier - Schar - Burn - Hickey

Bruno - Haidara

St Max - Paqueta - Diaby

Wilson

If we got the above which would be a hefty outlay, I’d be happy with any of the following as backup with huge potential.

CF Hlozek / Ekitike

CB Kelly / Gvardiol