More transfer rumours

midds

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Mikky said:

What about G Jesus then as an alternative? Fairly similar type - with the added bonus that he is soon to enter the final year of his contract 

He’s a better player technically than Richarlison, but will be out of our league and have better teams after him! I rate DCL, but I think Richarlison would be better suited for us right now. Of the two I’d have him.

15 minutes ago, Mikky said:

What about G Jesus then as an alternative? Fairly similar type - with the added bonus that he is soon to enter the final year of his contract 

The majority of clubs in the CL would want him. I don't even think he'll leave City.

2 hours ago, Flip said:

Richarlison would be a no brainer. He’s a shithouse when he’s your opponent but he’s one of the most liked and most humble players out there according to teammates. I promise he’d become a fan favourite quicklt. Not the most talented, would be our best offensive player straight away.

I was really surprised when I saw one of our posters calling him a terrible footballer basically, in one of the other games threads. I've always thought he's a real threat, and generally delivers goals at a pretty regular rate.

I suppose he might not be absolutely top notch in all round quality, but we aren't a CL club just yet, right now he'd still be one hell of an upgrade on Wood.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

I was really surprised when I saw one of our posters calling him a terrible footballer basically, in one of the other games threads. I've always thought he's a real threat, and generally delivers goals at a pretty regular rate.

I suppose he might not be absolutely top notch in all round quality, but we aren't a CL club just yet, right now he'd still be one hell of an upgrade on Wood.

He’s not the next big star, but the guy is still talented and above all works his socks off constantly. Was excellent this weekend against Chelsea. Bit of a nutcase on the pitch for sure, but it’s only because he gives 120% every time. Far better than anything we got and definitely good enough for a team hoping to get into Europe. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

He’s a better player technically than Richarlison, but will be out of our league and have better teams after him! I rate DCL, but I think Richarlison would be better suited for us right now. Of the two I’d have him.

Richarlison is a better player, while Jesus is more talented. I’d take a punt on any of them because of the options we have. And the more brazilians the merrier. 

15 minutes ago, Flip said:

He’s not the next big star, but the guy is still talented and above all works his socks off constantly. Was excellent this weekend against Chelsea. Bit of a nutcase on the pitch for sure, but it’s only because he gives 120% every time. Far better than anything we got and definitely good enough for a team hoping to get into Europe. 

Rolling around, faking injury (causing his own teammate to get booked), and lashing out at opposing players whilst he’s on the floor isn’t necessarily giving 120% effort.

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Rolling around, faking injury (causing his own teammate to get booked), and lashing out at opposing players whilst he’s on the floor isn’t necessarily giving 120% effort.

Did I say that? 

For where we’re operating as a club at the moment, we should be sourcing talent that hasn’t quite yet made that step to one of the huge dominant teams yet.

For instance Scamacca before he potentially goes to Inter, or Cherki and Aouar at Lyon. Those types of players we can move on before other teams pick them up.

The likes of Gabriel Jesus and Rashford are never going to happen.

14 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Is there any Brazilian you don't like? (just messing btw but also interested)

Gabriel Jesus for one. Or let’s put it this way, I thought he was going to be great at one point. Hopefully a change of team could revive his career. Neymar is another one I loved, but he’s just petulant now with no football to back it up at the moment. Also, Raphinha and Antony are superior to all the ones mentioned in this post. :thup:

But it also depends for what team we are talking about. For the national team I’m a bit stricter in who I tend to like. I’m not Richarlison greatest fan, but he’s far better than what we have at this club going forward. 

23 minutes ago, Manxst said:

You said he always gives 120%. I think those actions means he doesn’t. 

He’s definitely giving 120% in those occassions. I’d be worried if he was only diving 50%. 

Just now, Flip said:

Gabriel Jesus for one. Or let’s put it this way, I thought he was going to be great at one point. Hopefully a change of team could revive his career. Neymar is another one I loved, but he’s just petulant now with no football to back it up at the moment. Also, Raphinha and Antony are superior to all the ones mentioned in this post. :thup:

But it also depends for what team we are talking about. For the national team I’m a bit stricter in who I tend to like. I’m not Richarlison greatest fan, but he’s far better than what we have at this club going forward. 

I’d love Richarlison….but Antony even more so ? Think he will be awesome.

Just now, Flip said:

He’s definitely giving 120% in those occassions. I’d be worried if he was only diving 50%. 

I just see those moments as not giving his all for the team and also letting himself down- he’s better than all that crap. He’s undoubtedly talented, but I’d expect and want better, especially for someone who gives 120% every time. 

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

I just see those moments as not giving his all for the team and also letting himself down- he’s better than all that crap. He’s undoubtedly talented, but I’d expect and want better, especially for someone who gives 120% every time. 

Not to worry, I think a cunt like richarlison would never be a character Howe would want, and thank fuck for that. He is truly all that is wrong with modern football the diving cheating cunt

42 minutes ago, worthy said:

Not to worry, I think a cunt like richarlison would never be a character Howe would want, and thank fuck for that. He is truly all that is wrong with modern football the diving cheating cunt

I counter that by saying that he should be an inspiration to modern footballers, that no matter how much money you earn you should always help in communities in need and do the right things off it. He’s the Mané of Brazil in the sense that his social work is absolutely amazing. 

Think there’s an article in the Athletic named something ”The Richarlison You Need to Know” or something similar. So while you might not like his antics on the pitch and might think he’s a bad influence, he’s in fact the opposite. Loved by teammates and fans and even by the Argentinian media because he’s a very humble person off it. 

17 minutes ago, Flip said:

I counter that by saying that he should be an inspiration to modern footballers, that no matter how much money you earn you should always help in communities in need and do the right things off it. He’s the Mané of Brazil in the sense that his social work is absolutely amazing. 

Think there’s an article in the Athletic named something ”The Richarlison You Need to Know” or something similar. So while you might not like his antics on the pitch and might think he’s a bad influence, he’s in fact the opposite. Loved by teammates and fans and even by the Argentinian media because he’s a very humble person off it. 

Might be, but as long as he dives around and tries to cheat everyone on the pitch he can fuck off. I have 0 respect for any player that is so fucking anti-football. I wouldn't want to see someone that is pepe levels of a turbocunt in any team I have some affection for. modern footballers in general go down far too easy, but this guy is even levels above that in being a cunt.

3 minutes ago, worthy said:

Might be, but as long as he dives around and tries to cheat everyone on the pitch he can fuck off. I have 0 respect for any player that is so fucking anti-football. I wouldn't want to see someone that is pepe levels of a turbocunt in any team I have some affection for. modern footballers in general go down far too easy, but this guy is even levels above that in being a cunt.

not even the worst in his own side :lol:

Just now, Flip said:

not even the worst in his own side :lol:

Gordon is even worse in my opinion personally, but that still doesn't excuse him for being such a snide asshole on the pitch. There is a reason why that cheating team has the most yellows for diving this season, and that's with cards rarely given for blatant cheating. But either way, he might be jesus outside the pitch and do all the right things. But for me personally, I cant get behind any player that truly wants to cheat the beautiful game to that degree. Though I believe it is moot as his price, paycheck and seemingly want to play for a CL side (lol) will stop him from ever pulling on a Newcastle shirt.

Craig Hope https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10783373/Newcastle-considering-Villarreal-star-Arnaut-Danjuma-reunion-Eddie-Howe.html

Newcastle are tracking Villarreal forward Arnaut Danjuma as Eddie Howe seeks to add goals to his team this summer.

Sportsmail understands the Magpies have watched the 25-year-old in recent weeks and a move to re-unite him with Howe is under consideration.

The Holland winger has scored 16 times for Villarreal this term, including six in their journey to the semi-finals of the Champions League, but he missed Tuesday night's second-leg defeat by Liverpool because of injury.

Danjuma's price tag - it is said Villarreal would want at least double the £20m they paid Bournemouth last summer - and his desire to play European football are potential stumbling blocks, although Newcastle's ambition has already persuaded the likes of Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes to join the club.

32 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Craig Hope https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10783373/Newcastle-considering-Villarreal-star-Arnaut-Danjuma-reunion-Eddie-Howe.html

Newcastle are tracking Villarreal forward Arnaut Danjuma as Eddie Howe seeks to add goals to his team this summer.

Sportsmail understands the Magpies have watched the 25-year-old in recent weeks and a move to re-unite him with Howe is under consideration.

The Holland winger has scored 16 times for Villarreal this term, including six in their journey to the semi-finals of the Champions League, but he missed Tuesday night's second-leg defeat by Liverpool because of injury.

Danjuma's price tag - it is said Villarreal would want at least double the £20m they paid Bournemouth last summer - and his desire to play European football are potential stumbling blocks, although Newcastle's ambition has already persuaded the likes of Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes to join the club.

Yes please he’s class