More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

I take it Paqueta was benched cos hes been on a jolly mid week...

Got this feeling Paqueta is on for a big move elsewhere. PSG, Madrid etc.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/05/21/report-42m-atletico-madrid-player-has-decided-to-join-newcastle/

And Globo in Brazil have now reported that the 24-year-old would be interested in the idea of playing for Newcastle next season and beyond.

The report adds the Bruno Guimaraes factor, with Lodi and the new Magpies hero both beginning their careers with Brazilian outfit Athletico Paranaense.

Lodi, labelled a hero during Atletico’s Champions League victory over Manchester United earlier in 2022, is an excellent defender and it’ll be fascinating to see if Howe genuinely does bring him to England.

For the Premiership, Ekitike doesn't look like an out and out striker to me - more of a withdrawn, creative one. At 19, he looks well worth a punt, but I think we need another strong striker to share the role with Wilson.

Osimhen looks the real deal to me, but Arsenal seem to be in for him. Dominic C-L would be another good option  - again reported to be an Arsenal target. Perhaps whoever doesn't get one will get the other.

If Everton is looking to sell, I'd take either one of DCL or Richarlison. I believe a happy Richarlison playing in the company of his Brazilian compatriots will bank goals far better than snide, divey Everton Richarlison. Everton might be more amenable to letting him go over DCL as well.

Guest HTT II
28 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Genuinely would avoid DCL at all costs, he’s overpriced, overrated and has a poor fitness record.

Has this been his only really injury plagued season?

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Has this been his only really injury plagued season?

Yeah I think so, however it’s not just been on injury this season, he’s had 3/4 different injuries at different stages. Couple this with the fact I think it’s only one season he’s has a good scoring record, there has to be better value out there.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah I think so, however it’s not just been on injury this season, he’s had 3/4 different injuries at different stages. Couple this with the fact I think it’s only one season he’s has a good scoring record, there has to be better value out there.

Oh and he likes to model dresses too! :-*

Guest HTT II
14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

A fully fit DCL in prime form will get 15 + goals easily, and I rate him highly, but I agree. I’d rather we spent big on Abraham, he’s my number 1, only 24 I think and would guarantee that number of goals every season for 5 + years.

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Oh and he likes to model dresses too! :-*

Nowt wrong with a bloke wearing a dress or wearing whatever the fuck they like, we idolise pops stars and bands from the decades who wore/wear some bat crazy shit. More power to him, I’m a jeans and t-shirt bloke myself, but I’d love to have the balls to go out and wear what he does and that other Everton player.