More transfer rumours

midds

56 minutes ago, Zero said:

Osimhen will cost over 100m

On the current scale, I think he's worth around £100m, but whether we'd be in a position to fork that out is something else, with FFP and other priorities in team building.

With current one-striker systems, and the physical nature of the Premiership, it's a big asset to have a striker that's good at all three aspects of the role - holding the ball up, creating chances for team-mates, and finishing. Not many will be good at all three - eg Shearer, Kane, Suarez (surprisingly) - but it looks to me like Osimhen has that package. And he's still quite young, with re-sale value.

Transfer fees are difficult to gauge at the moment, because I think we've finally hit a ceiling. I think the Neymar figure is likely to last a long time, if it gets beaten at all. The market got so crazy that the rich clubs, and the top players who are in demand, are deciding to wait until a contract runs down, or take advantage of a lower fee that's been built into a contract (eg Haaland) 

Famous last words, but for the foreseeable future, I think we'll see very few fees over £100m.

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Nowt wrong with a bloke wearing a dress or wearing whatever the fuck they like, we idolise pops stars and bands from the decades who wore/wear some bat crazy shit. More power to him, I’m a jeans and t-shirt bloke myself, but I’d love to have the balls to go out and wear what he does and that other Everton player.

It’s not men in dresses per say it’s part of the media’s deliberate blurring of the genders, the gender neutralising agenda, that’s  going on right now. That’s another topic mind. Dresses aside his injury record would concern me, purely because of Wilson’s. So a no from me. If we got him I’d  support him 100%

27 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah I think so, however it’s not just been on injury this season, he’s had 3/4 different injuries at different stages. Couple this with the fact I think it’s only one season he’s has a good scoring record, there has to be better value out there.

His injury record is no better or worse than 90% of footballers I’d guess.

DCL can wear whatever the fuck he wants but it’s naive to pretend it would become an issue as soon as he hits some bad form for some fans.

Plenty of folk were putting Maxis drop off down to being too interested in Helios. 

If the price is right though I’d definitely have DCL here. 

I honestly don’t think we should be looking to buy from fellow Premier League clubs. Very few players would be an upgrade on what we have or where we want to be, and the bigger clubs would be selling us their shit.

Just now, Stifler said:

I honestly don’t think we should be looking to buy from fellow Premier League clubs. Very few players would be an upgrade on what we have or where we want to be, and the bigger clubs would be selling us their shit.

Yep especially any everton or man u cast offs. The 2 most poisonous clubs about currently

If you buy prudently I don’t see the issue. Two of our best signings in Jan were lower profile PL players. 

You already have evidence that they can perform in the league. Main issue with buying Everton or Man United players is the inflated costs due to their poor business practices but if you’ve done the due diligence on their character and think they are the right fit then I see no issues. 

We aren't in the position to pay £100m for anyone. Not because we couldnt afford it, but more because we can't risk a £100m flop who we'll have to offload in a year or 2 time for half that.

We need a striker who can reliably and consistently bang in 15+ goals per season. 20+ would be nice but your talking Salah levels of performance.

While I love Wilson, his injury record will always go against him. DCL seems more of the same.

24 minutes ago, STM said:

We will sign Ivan Toney IMO.

I look through the BBC gossip site every day, and his name doesn't appear very much, for us or anyone else. 

I think he's already found his level.

Do we think that signing paqueta could be a problem during international weeks?  Two possibly three, if Joe gets a call up, first teamers away on long haul flights.  Not sure how often its likely to be an issue but could be a consideration 

1 hour ago, STM said:

We will sign Ivan Toney IMO.

I'd prefer him over DCL.

But wouldn't be massively inspired by either of them. It's not like Toney would be "coming home" so that angle that some media are playing doesn't work for me.

28 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Do we think that signing paqueta could be a problem during international weeks?  Two possibly three, if Joe gets a call up, first teamers away on long haul flights.  Not sure how often its likely to be an issue but could be a consideration 

That's what all top clubs have to deal with. Comes with the territory of have top level International players in your squad. It would make more of a difference this year though what with the World Cup being in the winter.