More transfer rumours

midds

What makes Osihmen worth 100 mil? He has 14 goals this season which is decent but for that price you want 20-25 goals. For comparison he has the same number of goals as Marco Arnautovic in Serie A.

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Villa fans seem to think he could be signing for them 

Hopefully not but I fear they may be right. They’ve gone to watch him a few times and were heavily linked in January iirc; could also offer the huge wages he was looking for.

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

What makes Osihmen worth 100 mil? He has 14 goals this season which is decent but for that price you want 20-25 goals. For comparison he has the same number of goals as Marco Arnautovic in Serie A.

https://punchng.com/osimhen-beat-vlahovic-leao-to-serie-a-award/?amp

just won Serie A Best Young player award. He’s got 14 goals but been injured most of the season. He’s fast, powerful, a good finisher, can hold the ball up well and bring other into play, and also got lots of potential to improve. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Abraham is my No1 target for a striker. Jose has said he'd let him go back to England and the fee is easily doable. 

There’s no way Jose let’s him go - nor will Roma sell him unless Chelsea opt to exercise their buyback clause after next season 

15 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Hopefully not but I fear they may be right. They’ve gone to watch him a few times and were heavily linked in January iirc; could also offer the huge wages he was looking for.

Yep, Gerrard was there with the chief executive and sporting director I think.

Wasn't sure about the idea of Ekikite for big money but with Dortmund interested I've got more faith. They haven't really got it very wrong with forwards in recent years. Even the likes of Immobile who didn't work out was hardly a poor signing.

4 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Would be incredibly surprised if Calvert-Lewin left Everton now they’re safe.

I’d imagine any asking price would be very prohibitive to interested clubs.

Depends if they need to claw back any cash for their accounts and their levels of desperation…

Edited by Manxst

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Would be happy with that. His link up play is superb alongside his goals. Brentford would demand a high fee though. 

Etitike 

Wilson 

Tony

Would be a very decent striker group.

14 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Etitike 

Wilson 

Tony

Would be a very decent striker group.

I'd go for Nketiah over Toney and spend the money saved on Paqueta. Toney doesn't have good shooting numbers and only seven non-penalties.

We can look again for a striker in Jan 2023 because many players have contracts up in summer 2023. If Bruno and Trippier are the level of players we want to buy, then yeah, there will be windows where no suitable proven players are available for a non-crazy price. Liverpool and Man City identify players and wait for them to be available, they don't just pay big for who is out there.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

https://punchng.com/osimhen-beat-vlahovic-leao-to-serie-a-award/?amp

just won Serie A Best Young player award. He’s got 14 goals but been injured most of the season. He’s fast, powerful, a good finisher, can hold the ball up well and bring other into play, and also got lots of potential to improve. 

Yeah, he's a great all around striker with top tier physical attributes.

The funny thing is another young Nigerian striker, Taiwo Awoniyi, shares a very similar type of game and physical profile, but due to joining Liverpool as a teenager and not being able to get a work permit, has ended up taking a bit longer to emerge after continuously being loaned out to loads of clubs.

Finally joined Union Berlin permanently last season, and has had a great season with them, leading them into Europe. He would be an incredibly astute signing for someone this summer, because in reality he is not too dissimilar to Osimhen, but would be a fraction of the price.

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, he's a great all around striker with top tier physical attributes.

The funny thing is another young Nigerian striker, Taiwo Awoniyi, shares a very similar type of game and physical profile, but due to joining Liverpool as a teenager and not being able to get a work permit, has ended up taking a bit longer to emerge after continuously being loaned out to loads of clubs.

Finally joined Union Berlin permanently last season, and has had a great season with them, leading them into Europe. He would be an incredibly astute signing for someone this summer, because in reality he is not too dissimilar to Osimhen, but would be a fraction of the price.

Osimhen is geet quick though, very much like a Nigerian Mbappe. Awoniyi is beefier, more awkward with the ball at his feet, reminds me of a Nigerian....Yakubu. We wouldn't get Osimhen this season, I think, he's red-hot property like Nunez. I wouldn't turn down Awoniyi.

27 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Osimhen is geet quick though, very much like a Nigerian Mbappe. Awoniyi is beefier, more awkward with the ball at his feet, reminds me of a Nigerian....Yakubu. We wouldn't get Osimhen this season, I think, he's red-hot property like Nunez. I wouldn't turn down Awoniyi.

Yakubu is Nigerian :lol:

Awoniyi doesn't appear to be as quick because of his build, and yes he isn't as fluid or smooth on the eye, but he is very quick as well and is more of a rumbling bull.

Awoniyi is so underrated man. 

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yakubu is Nigerian :lol:

Awoniyi doesn't appear to be as quick because of his build, and yes he isn't as fluid or smooth on the eye, but he is very quick as well and is more of a rumbling bull.

Awoniyi is so underrated man. 

Fuck off, he’s as Mexican as a Sombrero!

Loved him as a player mind, he featured in every Who to buy from our rivals series of articles every window.