More transfer rumours

midds

45 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He’s hardly passing it as journalism. Just his personal gut feeling.

I much prefer Someone being honest  and saying he doesn’t really know. He might have some information that he can’t pass on to the public but leads him in that direction 

People seem to shit on him, but this is a really decent update, even if it's a case of just summing the state of play with various situations that may have been reported elsewhere...

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Pls pay the money for Diaby.

After Pope, Targett, Botman and Ekitike I doubt we’ll have enough budget left for him. I reckon we’ll end up with a winger closer to the 25-30m range (like a Harrison/ Sarr etc.).

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

After Pope, Targett, Botman and Ekitike I doubt we’ll have enough budget left for him. I reckon we’ll end up with a winger closer to the 25-30m range (like a Harrison/ Sarr etc.).

Which would be a shame as that's a big drop in quality. Need to see how much we can raise through player sales.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Which would be a shame as that's a big drop in quality. Need to see how much we can raise through player sales.

This is why if hold back in the Botman deal - sacrifice a cb for him. Fill that gap in another window.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

This is why if hold back in the Botman deal - sacrifice a cb for him. Fill that gap in another window.

It depends who goes. Clark has to be gone this window, still a possibility of Lascelles going, we'll need another CB but selling one or both of those two will raise some funds.

Also for that drop in quality between Diaby and Harrison & Sarr, I checked it out. Oof.

Diaby is a decent player but he’s not worth the money they’re asking for. I hope we would also go for a decent cm/dm as well though; I’d personally sooner take Sarr and a good 25-30m cm/cdm (like Fofana, Sangare, Ruiz etc.) over just Diaby for 50+ million tbh.

He'd offer another dimension and will take pressure off of ASM. He's miles ahead of Sarr or any other winger we've been linked with. A quality number 6 is needed to free up Bruno a bit against the bigger sides but medium term imo.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It depends who goes. Clark has to be gone this window, still a possibility of Lascelles going, we'll need another CB but selling one or both of those two will raise some funds.

Also for that drop in quality between Diaby and Harrison & Sarr, I checked it out. Oof.

Yeah That’sa huge difference - imo he’s more important than defence regardless of who’s going.

If you get a chance to sign these type of players - you jump at it.

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Diaby is a decent player but he’s not worth the money they’re asking for. I hope we would also go for a decent cm/dm as well though; I’d personally sooner take Sarr and a good 25-30m cm/cdm (like Fofana, Sangare, Ruiz etc.) over just Diaby for 50+ million tbh.

How many cm/dm’s do you want?

We need a striker, cb and rm before that

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He'd offer another dimension and will take pressure off of ASM. He's miles ahead of Sarr or any other winger we've been linked with. A quality number 6 is needed to free up Bruno a bit against the bigger sides but medium term imo.

I’d take his stats with a huge pinch of salt. Diaby is doing all of this in a very poor German League; I’ve seen him play a lot and his decision making is usually very poor. Gut instinct says he’s better but not a million miles away from Sarr. 

Edited by McCormick