More transfer rumours

midds

3 hours ago, gdm said:

Eriksen would be a total game changer 

I’m with Sewelly in that we need to start bringing the average age down, BUT, players of this ilk when they’re free can buy us a few years in that we can spend the cash in other areas then buy a 24-25 year old version of him a few years down the line when we’re in a stronger position to buy them.

Im genuinely happy that we aren’t looking to sign big names that are overpaid and has beens. Don’t want a circus. Very much like the idea of going the Dortmund/Leicester route for example. Never mind in the beginning. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Ikon said:

Im genuinely happy that we aren’t looking to sign big names that are overpaid and has beens. Don’t want a circus. Very much like the idea of going the Dortmund/Leicester route for example. 

As long as we sign Raphinha I don't care what route we go tbh. :lol:

1 minute ago, Flip said:

As long as we sign Raphinha I don't care what route we go tbh. :lol:

I can see us being a more ambitious version of Leicester tbh. Especially in the beginning. Get one or two top players plus quality potential stars and we are laughing. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yes to Broja. He was great for a good stretch of the season 

Probably could have done with a rest and the burden of scoring removed from his young shoulders, his all-round game is decent and at that age so I wouldn’t worry about goal returns just yet. Plus Southampton are more possession than chances created. He’s a talent, I’d have him here.

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

Good, let’s apply some pressure a la Maximo Park, would be happy with any of Ekitike, Gouiri or Broja. Ekitike would be my first choice based on potential and I reckon we’ll find out quickly if his agent is going to out himself as a soy boy beta cuck now that we’re outwardly looking at other targets 

Edited by gbandit

Just now, HTT II said:

Probably could have done with a rest and the burden of scoring removed from his young shoulders, his all-round game is decent and at that age so I wouldn’t worry about goal returns just yet. Plus Southampton are more possession than chances created. He’s a talent, I’d have him here.

I think his form went with Southamptons towards the end of the season

Aye Lee we're not spending lavishly, we're just bidding £60m for a couple of youngsters to add to the £25m we've already spent [emoji38]

Nobody is expecting us to be bidding £80m for players, and Leicester don't have the same ability to build year on year. 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Guest HTT II
Just now, Ben said:

I think his form went with Southamptons towards the end of the season

Aye, they are streaky form team and have been for years.

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Certainly looking like our budget this summer isn’t as much as many of us would like. Luke probably wasn’t too far off with £90m 

He said 50 million for weeks before suddenly changing his mind last week 

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

Certainly looking like our budget this summer isn’t as much as many of us would like. Luke probably wasn’t too far off with £90m 

You might be right. But it’s too early to say I think. Even if our budget was 200m then we would have to make some smart moves anyway  to be able to afford  expensive players too. Also the first window kind of sets the tone a bit. Maybe we don’t want to show our hand too early either. I think we are ambitious, really ambitious but also a bit cautious to begin with. I reckon our slightly more expensive signings might come in a bit later. Not players like Osimhen though. We don’t wanna send signals that we can spend whatever, or even close.

Edited by Ikon

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He said 50 million for weeks before suddenly changing his mind last week 

I know. Some people were getting ridiculously carried away. Even myself

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Broja will cost more than Etikite I would think and is not in anyway the same type of player. I’ve never seen the other lad mentioned play so can’t comment on him.

Broja is quoted at £25 to £30 million, so it will be in the same ballpark.

Ekitike, Broja and Gouiri are all strikers that can drop into space or move into the channels to get involved in play and run at people with the ball, they aren't too dissimilar at all.

Gouiri and Ekitike play with more flair, while Broja is more of a direct powerful runner with the ball.

He’s much more refined from the little I’ve seen. Not quite as raw. He has that natural touch and ball control that reminds me of Bernardo Silva and HBA. Even if different players. Sticky ball kind of. Not the raw and practiced skill that ASM has for example. I think Gouiri will be some player for the next 10 years. 

Probably more expensive than Ekitike., but worth it imo. Natural left sided forward who can also play when CW is out. Even if a different player as a CF. Also provide competition for ASM. Versatility is good to have. Get DCL in and one of Wilson and him will be on the bench offering next to nothing. Will give us more options and plenty of game time for everyone. 

Edited by Ikon