More transfer rumours

midds

3 hours ago, Izakaya said:

I still think, based on absolutely nowt, that we're going to pull off an absolute shock of a transfer completely out of the blue.

Lewa/Griezmann/Neymar/Bale levels. 

No chance 

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

For less than 30 mill Sarr would be a really solid signing. But Watford paid about that for him.

Has there been any talk of a relegation release clause? Although I guess this would be his second relegation and no one triggered it last time

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

No chance 

:lol:

I swear people want these signings just so they can use them on FIFA or something.

We should be targeting the future iterations of these players not the ones on their last legs for goodness sake.

Ziyech would be a decent signing I think. He no doubt wants Champions League football and Chelsea would put a stupid price on him for another Prem team. But for a player who can play out wide or as a #10 he would improve us in both those areas. 

20 minutes ago, STM said:

If we signed Sarr, I reckon it would be less than 20m. Watford have already said he can leave and they aren't in any position to bargain.

I suggest you to check out how much Watford paid for him.

I think Ziyech has been thoroughly underwhelming when I see him for Chelsea. I know a lot of players have gone there and struggled.

Not that I see us attracting that sort of player or willing to pay those sort of wages yet anyway.

4 minutes ago, alexf said:

I think Ziyech has been thoroughly underwhelming when I see him for Chelsea. I know a lot of players have gone there and struggled.

Not that I see us attracting that sort of player or willing to pay those sort of wages yet anyway.

Ziyech is on £100kpw. Bruno is on £125kpw. 

11 minutes ago, Zero said:

I suggest you to check out how much Watford paid for him.

2 years left on his contract though. I'm not sure they're in a strong position to make a profit. They need a bidding war really.

I think people forget how highly rated Sarr was before he came to Watford. People were talking about him in the same way they are now about Ekitike, Gouriri etc. An unplayable season in the championship and a decent (if a bit stop-start due to injuries etc.) season in the prem, should make him a really good option for us. One of the things I like about him over other targets is that he’s a genuine right-sided winger that can get goals; other options like Danjuma, Harrison etc. would cost more and we’d either have to shift them to the right or accommodate them by moving Maxi there.

48 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'd be really surprised if we were interested. Another one with Rabiot who seems to have a major attitude problem/ego. 

Barbosa looks very tempting though. From what I can tell, he had a disastrous move to Inter 5 years ago, but he would have been only 20/21 and it would be interesting to know a bit more about what went wrong? The clips of him playing in South America, where he seems to score hatfuls of goals, look very encouraging even though the defending isn't European standard. He seems to play as a withdrawn / creative forward like Beardsley and Bellamy (late developers both) and those two transformed the side.

Bruno would know him from the national side, and with Big Joe as well, he might be able to settle in to a new environment better than he did before. And a person can do a lot of growing up between 20 and 25. Not sure if he and ASM together would be a good fit though.

A mountain of speculation on a molehill of fact I know, but if our Eddie thinks he's worth the gamble, then the rewards could be considerable.

5 hours ago, Cronky said:

The back five looks in very good shape now. I think there are three positions which I'd like to see strengthened - striker, someone who could play withdrawn striker / wide player in a 4-3-3, and a more defensive central midfield player. 

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, alexf said:

Funny, I thought his performances could be written off as assumed he was young, maybe 22 to 24 sort of age. Didn't realise he was 29. He has ability for sure but yeah, didn’t live up to top 4 team levels of performance. Perhaps decent enough for a team outside the top 4 mind.

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

2 years left on his contract though. I'm not sure they're in a strong position to make a profit. They need a bidding war really.

Think if you are Watford fans, what’s your feeling if the club sell Sarr for just 20m with 2 years left on this contract, which they had paid for 30m 

30m is fucking bare minimum for the deal

Just now, Menace said:

Sarr would be a proper meh signing tbh

I dunno, I think him and Cornet would be decent. Certainly much better than Almiron, Murphy and Fraser... we can't always sign top 4 talent, but like Mane at Southampton was scoring around 10 per season before he went to Liverpool, Cornet and Sarr are doing relatively similar on a per game average. But both played in relegated sides - I think they could do better here.

4 minutes ago, Zero said:

Think if you are Watford fans, what’s your feeling if the club sell Sarr for just 20m with 2 years left on this contract, which they had paid for 30m 

30m is fucking bare minimum for the deal

They are in the championship. Depends how much the club need the money