More transfer rumours

midds

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

Graeme Bailey has mentioned on the 90 mins podcast that we have some interest in PSV's Noni Madueke. Formerly of Tottenham, left footed right winger. Only 20 years old, but left as a youngster to get more game time.

Tottenham seem to have jettisoned a number of really talented wingers from their academy. Marcus Edwards at Sporting Lisbon is another left footed right wing player that had a really good season last year, not sure we are looking at him though.

Noni Madueke at PSV last year.

Untitled.thumb.png.ffde09e0d4af1686f4dcaada8119c43b.png

I'm seeing double. Four Saint-Maxis!

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Interesting options of who we have been linked with.

Alongside Paqueta, Ruiz has probably been linked more than anyone to us. Then there is Eriksen. There are a bunch of other central mids we have been linked to. I wonder where everyone ranks in the priority list.

Worth noting that during Jan they really did well to keep things under wraps as I don’t think we were linked with Wood at all until the deal was almost done, Bruno also came out of the blue pretty much. 

We could be in for a couple of complete surprises.

2 minutes ago, Paully said:

Naughty Bruno!

Haha I watched that live ( I happened to already be on Instagram, honest) and he was touching his hair before that was posted.

Just before it sets any hares running. 

3 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Untitled.thumb.png.ffde09e0d4af1686f4dcaada8119c43b.png

I'm seeing double. Four Saint-Maxis!

It's interesting with Madueke as after the first 30 seconds I thought his feet aren't anywhere near as quick as Maxi but then as the video goes on you can see they aren't far away as he probably gets used to a top level league but he is a lot more direct.  If we could make Maxi a bit more direct I honestly think he can be one of the best players in the world.  He has everything offensively.  Impossible to tackle, quick, great on the ball and an excellent finisher from range or up close.  It's easy to forget how talented he is.  I just don't know whether mentally he can adapt his game, if he can, he can be in that top level of players.  Even Trippier said he is impossible to tackle and he is one of the best rightbacks in the world

33 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

It's interesting with Madueke as after the first 30 seconds I thought his feet aren't anywhere near as quick as Maxi but then as the video goes on you can see they aren't far away as he probably gets used to a top level league but he is a lot more direct.  If we could make Maxi a bit more direct I honestly think he can be one of the best players in the world.  He has everything offensively.  Impossible to tackle, quick, great on the ball and an excellent finisher from range or up close.  It's easy to forget how talented he is.  I just don't know whether mentally he can adapt his game, if he can, he can be in that top level of players.  Even Trippier said he is impossible to tackle and he is one of the best rightbacks in the world

Madueke is a legit 6 ft tall and so his strides eat up a lot more ground too.

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Arnaut Danjuma? Rumour has it he’s off to West Ham or us imminently. Guess Howe and Tindall would know him well and vice versa. Can’t recall him for Bournemouth but seems to have had a good season in Spain. A5E00567-C856-47B7-BEC4-754AC9C10939.thumb.jpeg.02e1ffd1ab5c48c25cdb5210b4ec135f.jpeg

Fab saying it's West Ham

At this point I have no bloody idea who we will end up with. 

Think it's clear we will get a RW, Striker and CM/AM. Also wouldnt rule out more if we shift alot of the deadwood out.

We are linked with so many and likely talking to lots not even reported on. Regardless of who comes I just feel at ease and confident whoever comes will be exciting and quality.

Just sign him already. The chance of getting a player of his calibre won’t happen too often where we currently stand. Gotta grab the opportunity. You see how Raphinha was out of our reach for example. I’m certain we could get Paqueta, and afford it. Just get it done before it’s too late. 

26 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Just sign him already. The chance of getting a player of his calibre won’t happen too often where we currently stand. Gotta grab the opportunity. You see how Raphinha was out of our reach for example. I’m certain we could get Paqueta, and afford it. Just get it done before it’s too late. 

Absolutely should go for him it's an odd opportunity due to his relationship with Bruno we should be taking advantage of it. And let's be honest it will probably motivate both of them to perform even better it could be amazing.

Same as Villa fans, they are feeling insecure about us now so anytime they sign someone we were linked with its 'they choose us/beat you to him' etc. We better get used to it.

Paqueta is no doubt a huge talent but we have a problem now that has been created in part by the Joelinton renaissance. The problem being he's taken up that kind of spot Paqueta would've fitted into and therefore other areas of the pitch require immediate reinforcements far more than the midfield, RW and ST being 2 of them.

I'd rather spend the £60/70M Paqueta would take on a talented RW as I'd not be particularly keen on Almiron or Fraser starting the season there for us.

9 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Paqueta is no doubt a huge talent but we have a problem now that has been created in part by the Joelinton renaissance. The problem being he's taken up that kind of spot Paqueta would've fitted into and therefore other areas of the pitch require immediate reinforcements far more than the midfield, RW and ST being 2 of them.

I'd rather spend the £60/70M Paqueta would take on a talented RW as I'd not be particularly keen on Almiron or Fraser starting the season there for us.

This is about where I am at to. I'd love to have him here, I think we all would really. 

However we have other priority positions that need to be addressed to make the the squad stronger as a whole, it would be easy for me to say 'Hes a talented player, he'd probably come here so fuck it lets just chuck the 50m or whatever they want at it and get it done' but the reality is its alot more complicated than that. 

42 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Wrong. I see Joelinton as box to box (for us). Paqueta can play box to box but he's more of a AMC/#10. Also a hundred levels above in the last third.

Edited by Ikon

Are you guys saying you'd be happy to go into next season with Joelinton, Shelvey, Longstaff, Bruno and Willock as our central midfielders? I think a DM/CM/CAM depending on how we plan to play Bruno should be our priority along with a RW. 

Also, Joelinton hasn't created a problem for us signing Paqueta at all. They don't play the same position at all. Paqueta is much more advanced and far far more talented. 

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Same as Villa fans, they are feeling insecure about us now so anytime they sign someone we were linked with its 'they choose us/beat you to him' etc. We better get used to it.

Not difficult when we've literally been linked to every good player on the planet since January! Even Neymar and Bale ffs[emoji38]