More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

And Dembele like @nufc123 mentioned.

Lyon have so many really good players. No idea how they managed to finish so low in Ligue 1.

Thought this too, Bruno Paqueta and Aouar in the same midfield. Fuck me.

Think the club would be wise to sit back and observe what is going on for a bit now.

I'm certain we will get the one or two more players in that we require, it's a case of who and how much.

From the striker point of view, if the right player isn't available, I'd rather we took a gamble until January or next summer by keeping our powder dry, especially if we have secured another winger.

Looking towards next summer, we might not be looking at 5 or 6 signings but 2 or 3 big big money ones. That will be the time when we can dream of an Isak or an Osimhen.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Think the club would be wise to sit back and observe what is going on for a bit now.

I'm certain we will get the one or two more players in that we require, it's a case of who and how much.

From the striker point of view, if the right player isn't available, I'd rather we took a gamble until January or next summer by keeping our powder dry, especially if we have secured another winger.

Looking towards next summer, we might not be looking at 5 or 6 signings but 2 or 3 big big money ones. That will be the time when we can dream of an Isak or an Osimhen.

Good time as any to get some players off loaded. 

45 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Absolutely need a striker to compete with Wilson and a first choice wide player to make this a successful window meeting our immediate needs.

Midfielder would be a welcome bonus.

Pretty much how I see it. Need a first choice right-sided player to match ASM’s level of play. A striker to push Wilson/whomever else. And a more defensively minded midfielder would be a bonus. 

47 minutes ago, midds said:

Players for the final third needs to be the priority now imo. GK and defence is sorted now, it's not perfect but it's more than good enough now. Midfield is adequate but could do with another ace CM or DM to fix it for the time being. 

We're short up top - ASM is inconsistent, Wilson is injury prone, Wood is (let's be honest, a plank) Gayle is substandard, Fraser is fitful, Almiron has little end product and after that there's nothing tbh. Could do with 3 players to provide competition and raise the threat going forward in that final third and that's going to cost. Need to look at loans and free agents to try and fix it asap. 

All that said I'm not flapping at all, the new owners have already put their money where their mouth is and invested. I'm not greedy and I'm not impatient and it'll not happen in 1 or 2 windows, it'll take 8 or 9 windows to build the squad we're after. My advice would be to be patient and build it slow and solid and give it a few years, you can't fix everything at once :)

I agree, especially that we are pretty toothless up top. ASM and Wilson will get injuries and that leaves us with no genuine quality.

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Lang can play either flank and up tops. Good player. Bit of a knobhead though.

He's put up some great numbers the last two years at Brugge, with a total of 21 goals and 19 assists in the league.

23 years old and just broke into the Dutch setup. Would have been at Ajax around the same time as Botman was too.

Can play left, right, behind the striker and as a striker, and is available this summer for 20 million Euros. Howe has also previously bought from Brugge, where he got Danjuma from.

Would definitely be worth a punt for the right hand side if other options are proving too expensive.

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

I would go for Keane Lewis-Porter 

hull city - star ️ in the making 

Winger 

I can see him doing very well in the premier league 

Wasn’t he linked with a move to Liverpool recently?

Now go and get Gouiri and a top class RW and a good CM. Maybe someone like Sucic if we go for a more attacking one which we also need.

Gouiri would give us great options up front. Personally i'd like two CM but can't see it happen.

I'm fascinated to see what Howe does with midfield and how he sees it.

Whether he wants an out and out DM with Bruno further forward, a regista that replaces Shelvey with a better/more mobile version, a more attacking midfielder with Bruno moving back to DM, or someone who has a bit of everything similar to Bruno.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm fascinated to see what Howe does with midfield and how he sees it.

Whether he wants an out and out DM with Bruno further forward, a regista that replaces Shelvey with a better/more mobile version, a more attacking midfielder with Bruno moving back to DM, or someone who has a bit of everything similar to Bruno.

I'd like a similar player to Bruno (but more of an athlete) but one that contrasts slightly with how Howe wants to play Bruno. E.g. if Bruno is to play more progressively - then someone more defensively minded.

I wouldn't mind a player in the profile of Gini