More transfer rumours

midds

7 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Interesting how Zirkzee develops, was always touted as a huge talent at Bayern II and looked to be breaking through around COVID but seemingly stagnated a bit until this loan spell. I'd still prefer Ekitike's versatility of the two, Zirkzee seems more like a pure poacher. 

Madueke and M. Edwards are very Ben Arfa-like. Edwards is very small and more of a central player iirc, not sure he's suitable for the Premier League but Madueke looks very promising. 

Wouldn't say Zirkzee was a pure poacher, as he does a lot of great work in build up play, and sets up a lot of goals too. However, I get what you mean from a versatility standpoint as you wouldn't put him out on the left like you could with Ekitike. I'd personally lean more towards Zirkzee though, as I really want a striker outside of Wilson that can link play, because he is likely to miss time, and Wood's general play is poor. Think Zirkzee has the physicality to do that right away in the Premier League, while I'm not so sure how Ekitike adjusts due to his slight frame.

Regarding Madueke and Edwards, I think you're right on Edwards, he is really small. Madueke is a lot more of a physical specimen on the wing.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Loving Kaka’s posts about African players or players of African heritage as I haven’t a clue about most players outside of the PL these days and even then I couldn’t tell you anything about many that play here. Keep ‘em coming Kaka!

Cheers! Always keep an eye out for young talents with a Nigerian background in particular, as potential prospects for the Super Eagles in the future :D

Think Zirkzee and Madueke will likely feature for the Netherlands and England, rather than Nigeria, if they continue on their current trajectories. Still will follow them closely and root for them though. They both look very promising.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Cheers! Always keep an eye out for young talents with a Nigerian background in particular, as potential prospects for the Super Eagles in the future :D

Think Zirkzee and Madueke will likely feature for the Netherlands and England, rather than Nigeria, if they continue on their current trajectories. Still will follow them closely and root for them though. They both look very promising.

Love it, Nigeria were my team at USA ‘94 along with Bulgaria and Romania, I’d love it if an African team won the WC some day, the talent coming out of there or through African heritage is on the levels of South America IMO. I’ve seen street football in Africa (Kenya, Tunisia) and it’s basically African Samba footy, unbelievable skills and technical abilities. 

One who has recently come to light to be somewhat available is Gnabry. Now obviously he's used to playing at the highest level with Bayern, but... he's kind of surplus to requirement now and he doesn't want to sign an extension. The likes of arsenal and Man utd are interested. Both can't give him CL football. Wages aren't massive either. Could he be persuaded like Bruno was? 

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

I mean if he's really all that, then we could pitch him in ahead of Wilson and see how he does. If he does well and Wilson subsequently wants a move then why not?

I wouldn't start him ahead of Wilson right away as I don't think that would go down too well! But I think we should rotate Wilson more next season to try and manage him physically, and so you'd hope there'd still be a lot opportunities for game time. He could also play just off Wilson at times too, in a partnership. The 5 subs next season will also help a lot with getting a lot more players game time. Also, with Wilson and Wood going into their 30s, there's a clear pathway for him to be sold on being the future at the position as well.

We'll see. I think the lure of going to Ajax as their new number 9 will be a massive pull to overcome, so it'll be up to Howe and the recruitment team to really convince him of their belief in him really.

Guest HTT II

If only Wilson could stay fit for a full season I genuinely believe he could target 20 PL goals, he’s actually canny underrated in terms of his all-round game, his performance against Arsenal was one of the best all-round CF displays I’ve seen for us since Shearer. He was that good that day, and that attempt…

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

If only Wilson could stay fit for a full season I genuinely believe he could target 20 PL goals, he’s actually canny underrated in terms of his all-round game, his performance against Arsenal was one of the best all-round CF displays I’ve seen for us since Shearer. He was that good that day, and that attempt…

I still believe that actually went in :lol: 

Guest HTT II
Just now, 54 said:

I still believe that actually went in :lol: 

Every time I watch it it’s going in…

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I wouldn't start him ahead of Wilson right away as I don't think that would go down too well! But I think we should rotate Wilson more next season to try and manage him physically, and so you'd hope there'd still be a lot opportunities for game time. He could also play just off Wilson at times too, in a partnership. The 5 subs next season will also help a lot with getting a lot more players game time. Also, with Wilson and Wood going into their 30s, there's a clear pathway for him to be sold on being the future at the position as well.

We'll see. I think the lure of going to Ajax as their new number 9 will be a massive pull to overcome, so it'll be up to Howe and the recruitment team to really convince him of their belief in him really.

Well your last bit there was why I was suggesting starting him straight away ahead of Wilson. There has to be some incentive for him to pick us over Ajax, and while Wilson would rightly be pissed off, he can't exactly leave anyway until January.

Realistically you'd want him as an understudy or competition to Wilson, but sounds like he's adamant he wants first team football almost immediately. Not that different to Ekiteke I suppose (who I still think we'll hold out for ultimately). But for the price it seems we should be all over that if we aren't going to pursue the Hugo.

Guest HTT II

I think we will sign 3 more players, a RW and two forwards who can maybe split their roles between playing CF and left or right in an attacking 3. 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Definitely, if he's fully fit, there's not many better in the PL. Genuinely class centre forward. He needs competition regardless, and Wood isn't really that.

Guest HTT II

One thing about us going forward is there will be a huge focus on targeting the best up and coming talent and hopefully when our academy is state of the art, our scouting up to scratch and coaching of a high level, we will produce more of our own homegrown players too. We have some very very special talent from under 15s to 9s and if just one of them makes it we will have a potential top-class player from here playing for us. 

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well your last bit there was why I was suggesting starting him straight away ahead of Wilson. There has to be some incentive for him to pick us over Ajax, and while Wilson would rightly be pissed off, he can't exactly leave anyway until January.

Realistically you'd want him as an understudy or competition to Wilson, but sounds like he's adamant he wants first team football almost immediately. Not that different to Ekiteke I suppose (who I still think we'll hold out for ultimately). But for the price it seems we should be all over that if we aren't going to pursue the Hugo.

Yeah, I get it, but think he could probably still be sold on it if he knows he will play a good number of games, and will be the future at that position. Also always helps if the manager really knows the players skillset and provides details on how he expects to use him etc. Because it's a much stronger league than the Dutch league, he'd also likely be more open to maybe not coming in and starting right away too.