More transfer rumours

midds

I don't know much about Broja, but any forward we buy really needs to be a finisher. We already have options like Almiron, Murphy and Fraser if we want hard working pacy lads who will inevitably produce weak end product. I'd be worried about spending significant money on someone who might turn out to be another Nicholas Bendtner. That said, other people probably know a lot more about Broja for me, if they reckon he's the real deal then fair enough. A loan deal would certainly be a good option.

38 minutes ago, Sa1tY said:

Saudi payed over a billion dollars/pounds to Qatar for compensation in the piracy wrangle just so they could own Newcastle, I don't think there will be a budget as such.

That’s not comparable though is it 

We haven’t got billions in the kitty 

You can only spend a % of what you generate (and have around £105 million losses) over 3 seasons ? Or something along those lines 

if we had an endless pot we wouldn’t be looking at Broja on loan , targett as a 1st choice left back or £10m on pope , etc 

It appears we have a budget and need to spend wisely. 

I would think, this is only my opinion mind that, no way will the largest and most powerful country in the Middle East be an also ran in any sort of power strugel and they will do everything possible to be a huge part of the premium leage, as I say my opinion only

1 minute ago, Sa1tY said:

I would think, this is only my opinion mind that, no way will the largest and most powerful country in the Middle East be an also ran in any sort of power strugel and they will do everything possible to be a huge part of the premium leage, as I say my opinion only

@JonBez comesock is right though, it doesn't really matter what they want. The rules have been laid down specifically to stop an obscenely wealthy owner from upsetting the apple cart.

Yea are they the same rules that Man City treat with contempt go to court defeat any and all, this is the real world where money talks, as I say my opinion and every thing I have seen of other nations state owed clubs they basically do what they want.

39 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I hope not he’s easily one of the best posters on here!

Yeah he is. Hope he comes back, he's one of the more knowledgable posters.

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

K Downie again on Twitter , pushing loan striker and 1 more £££ (winger)

if we have enough budget

looks like the 80-85 million budget is true , which is fair enough to be honest 

laying some decent foundations 

all we have ever asked for, is for our owners / club to try …and we can’t fault them for that 🙌🏽

All the local journos will be getting the same info. It might be correct, but it might also be the case that we don't want to play our hand in public.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

All the local journos will be getting the same info. It might be correct, but it might also be the case that we don't want to play our hand in public.

It will only work once though 

if we spend £150 million and all the reports/ reporters have been told the budget is/was £80-£90 million 

They can’t play the same trick again in regards to a budget  (as everyone will point to this window) and say we’ve heard it all before.

We will know for sure soon anyway , 

it all promises to be an exciting season for a number of clubs , definitely more competitive top half 

4 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

It will only work once though 

if we spend £150 million and all the reports/ reporters have been told the budget is/was £80-£90 million 

They can’t play the same trick again in regards to a budget  (as everyone will point to this window) and say we’ve heard it all before.

We will know for sure soon anyway , 

it all promises to be an exciting season for a number of clubs , definitely more competitive top half 

They did similar in January. Personally, I don't think we'll be miles over that figure, but I also don't think it's set in stone. For example, Ekitike and someone like Harrison or Sarr would cost circa £50 million, but if they could be smart and get Broja on loan for a season, they will. I think they're looking to get value for money wherever they can.

1 hour ago, Sa1tY said:

Yea are they the same rules that Man City treat with contempt go to court defeat any and all, this is the real world where money talks, as I say my opinion and every thing I have seen of other nations state owed clubs they basically do what they want.

That was a different time and you can’t do that now, everybody is saying this year the ffp is serious and “finally has teeth” - direct quote from Chelsea chairman I think it was. People need to manage their expectations and not be ridiculous with what they think will come in.

The clubs already said several times what they can spend and what they’re going to spend yet people on here choose not to hear them.

12 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

That was a different time and you can’t do that now, everybody is saying this year the ffp is serious and “finally has teeth” - direct quote from Chelsea chairman I think it was. People need to manage their expectations and not be ridiculous with what they think will come in.

The clubs already said several times what they can spend and what they’re going to spend yet people on here choose not to hear them.

Yeah I personally think the talk of budgets is probably accurate. I think there’s maybe a slight leeway but don’t think we’ll spend much more than what’s been stated by at least 4 journalists now. Why else would we be focussing on a loan signing but like you say people choose not to listen.
It started off with people saying Edwards is talking shit he’s a trolll & negative and how would he know and now it’s the owners are trying to mind trick everyone. Maybe just maybe their is actually a budget around £90m

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Has it though did Man City and PSG get stuff overturned lastseason, I think the more sponsors they get the bigger the spend, Saudis are not here for shits and giggles, they can through two or three million at individual golfers then what ever they have to spend will be done, in my opinion obviously.

I think we are building the correct way.  Budget or not.  We are getting players that have potential to get better and seem to have great character.   The last thing I want at United is players who consider themselves bigger than the club.  Howe has shown he can help players develop.  We will not be able to get the top top players until we are in Europe or spend stupid money on fees and wages.  I love our business so far.  Bring in some of the current players we are linked with and this transfer window will be huge success.  

The FFP stuff is real, and needs to be take seriously. The club definitely seem to be approaching it that way. I think you will see two more signings. One a RW/right sided forward at around £30-40m mark, then a loan striker, potentially with an option/obligation to buy. 

By next summer the club will have a new front of shirt sponsor, and likely a who bunch of other new sponsorships. Especially if we have a strong league showing and get ourselves some form of European football, even it's it's the Conference League. Even if all that comes off I'd still say the budget goes up steadily, rather than shooting up. Like maybe next summer it's £120-150m

21 minutes ago, Sa1tY said:

Has it though did Man City and PSG get stuff overturned lastseason, I think the more sponsors they get the bigger the spend, Saudis are not here for shits and giggles, they can through two or three million at individual golfers then what ever they have to spend will be done, in my opinion obviously.

Can’t believe the premier league didn’t prevent them from paying the golfers!!

wtf has that to do with ffp? You still choose not to listen

11 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

The FFP stuff is real, and needs to be take seriously. The club definitely seem to be approaching it that way. I think you will see two more signings. One a RW/right sided forward at around £30-40m mark, then a loan striker, potentially with an option/obligation to buy. 

By next summer the club will have a new front of shirt sponsor, and likely a who bunch of other new sponsorships. Especially if we have a strong league showing and get ourselves some form of European football, even it's it's the Conference League. Even if all that comes off I'd still say the budget goes up steadily, rather than shooting up. Like maybe next summer it's £120-150m

And reduce the wage bill at the same time - we seriously need to ship some out.

Edited by Gawalls