More transfer rumours

midds

3 hours ago, Sa1tY said:

Saudi payed over a billion dollars/pounds to Qatar for compensation in the piracy wrangle just so they could own Newcastle, I don't think there will be a budget as such.

Of course there won't be and if the right player becomes available and a deal can be done, then it will happen. Honestly don't understand why so many on here take notice of the reporters (especially the ones who cover us) as they won't have a clue what the budget is. The owners are not going to tell them what the real budget is, due to the probability of prices being increased.

Edited by et tu brute

33 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah I personally think the talk of budgets is probably accurate. I think there’s maybe a slight leeway but don’t think we’ll spend much more than what’s been stated by at least 4 journalists now. Why else would we be focussing on a loan signing but like you say people choose not to listen.
It started off with people saying Edwards is talking shit he’s a trolll & negative and how would he know and now it’s the owners are trying to mind trick everyone. Maybe just maybe their is actually a budget around £90m

To be fair Edwards was talking shit. He got the budget wrong in January and has already revised his figure once during this particular transfer window (he originally stated £50 million).

The journos are definetly being briefed, just like they were with the £50 million line in January. It could be genuine info, but it wouldn't be the first time the club have leaked info to serve a purpose. 

I'm not too fussed how much we spend as long as the quality is there.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Wasn't he against the Saudi deal?, if so that maybe the reason. Fair enough if it was and he feels so strongly about it.

I dunno about that like, I personally am kind of against having a state own us that’s why I’ll probably never get a season ticket or buy merch from the club, but on the pitch I’m a very happy chappy right now that my club, our club, is out of that cunt Ashley’s ownership, we can’t control who owns us. All I know is Mandoon, who I’ve met is a top lad, a fantastic poster, very knowledgeable and is a scout so his posts are always interesting regarding players I’ve not heard or seen play of as he obviously does his research, that and he himself is a good player and a handsome bastard to boot.

Edited by HTT II

Broja and Lingard would be underwhelming. That just shows how the expectation has changed though. Broja seems like he could be a smart signing on loan or otherwise. Just not as sexy as most we have been linked with. 

We desperately need a CM leader in the mold of tripps. Doesn't matter if  they are an AM/DM/CM. Leadership and stepping up is big games is what we are missing there imo. Bruno and Joe are great but I don't see either as natural leaders. Willock and Longstaff need someone to really learn from. 

If we can get solid additions at RW and upfront without spending too much I would go all out for a captain in the centre. 

Fair enough being under a budget  but struggle to see why we are spending 10? Million on a keeper and 30 odd on a centre half...I'd say there was at least 2 or mebbes 3 positions I'd rather have spent the cash than them 2 positions.

The ownership and Eddie Howe keep telling everyone things will be done gradually this summer, and they would look at players on a free and loans in order to mitigate the FFP for now.  No idea why people still refuse to accept this, and imagine it's some ruse to keep prices down. Think folks are just going to end up frustrating themselves. 

There are going to be a lot of clubs towards the end of the window making players available on loan to try and get their squads in order, just like we will be doing, and I'm sure that will be explored fully, as there will be good players to be had. Similar to how Arsenal were able to get Odegaard on loan from Real, before buying him outright the following summer. There'll be decent players to pick from.

Having said all that I do think there will be some decent money spent on that right wing position as they seem to really be after someone at a high level to play there.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Fair enough being under a budget  but struggle to see why we are spending 10? Million on a keeper and 30 odd on a centre half...I'd say there was at least 2 or mebbes 3 positions I'd rather have spent the cash than them 2 positions.

The fact we’ve spent 40 + million on an already solid defence suggests there is plenty of money for forward and attacking players… again, we will spend what we can and need to on the right players. There is and never will be a set budget!

I see what others are saying regarding a limited spending of 80-90 million, but if that was true, then why are we splashing 40% of that on the least needed position (central defender).

I get that Botman has the potential to be a world class defender in a few years, but if we are only spending 90 million, then shouldn’t we give the priority to other areas that we really need to strengthen? ( striker, right winger, or a CM). 

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

To be fair Edwards was talking shit. He got the budget wrong in January and has already revised his figure once during this particular transfer window (he originally stated £50 million).

The journos are definetly being briefed, just like they were with the £50 million line in January. It could be genuine info, but it wouldn't be the first time the club have leaked info to serve a purpose. 

I'm not too fussed how much we spend as long as the quality is there.

He wasn’t talking shit tho. That’s what he was originally briefed then we had to spend on wood which wasn’t planned for and I’m sure it’s since came out bruno was a chance they couldn’t miss. That’s not to say the budget won’t change but at the moment that’s what’s being briefed 

Edited by gdm

3 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Bruno appears to me to be very much a natural leader and someone who thrives as the emotional focal point of a team. 

Agree on that, in time. I think weighing him down with that type of responsibility will be a detriment like it has been with lascelles. He needs to continue to settle here and grow without the pressures of captaincy.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

The fact we’ve spent 40 + million on an already solid defence suggests there is plenty of money for forward and attacking players… again, we will spend what we can and need to on the right players. There is and never will be a set budget!

Aye I know that's my point to an extent. I'd be amazed if we are willing to spend a large chunk of £ where we already looked more solid last season

We shall have to wait and see

1 minute ago, Solitude20 said:

I see what others are saying regarding a limited spending of 80-90 million, but if that was true, then why are we splashing 40% of that on the least needed position (central defender).

I get that Botman has the potential to be a world class defender in a few years, but if we are only spending 90 million, then shouldn’t we give the priority to other areas that we really need to strengthen? ( striker, right winger, or a CM). 

I think Botman is very highly rated by everyone at the club, and they all felt it was a deal that had to be done, as this would likely be the last chance for us to sign him if he continued performing as impressively as he has been.

1 minute ago, Solitude20 said:

We have our Bramble & O’Brien, we needed our Woodgate.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Solitude20 said:

Botman for me represents long term planning, a big money transfer right now in an area we don’t really require as of this point, but we should be happy that the powers that be are looking long-term too. They will have a strategy between the short and long-term. Our majority of signings in January were short-term based, I’m sure we will look at other short-term options for the now this summer, but any big signings will likely be focused on the long-term, like Botman.

We need more quality going forward. Alot more IMO. Wilson is brilliant but has a very poor track record of injury, Wood has been under performing in front of goal but did contribute a lot in terms of pressing, however he's back up at best. Miggy, Fraser and ASM have all very poor end product. And out of the three I can only envision ASM improving on his stats however he needs to have an outstanding season next season otherwise he might be replaced. Murphy isn't good enough and the rest will be shipped out. We really need to get in at least 2 attacking players and I'd be concerned if the club don't see that too. We have enough defensively to be competitive but we were really impotent last season going forward and we still haven't addressed that yet. But I think they will but looks like we will have to be patient.