More transfer rumours

midds

Think that result has damaged us a lot with regards to player recruitment. Before Watford there was an expectation that we could have been out of danger (at least for a week or two). Probably won’t be out of the relegation spaces all season now.

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Wtf, Joelinton is by far a better tackler than finisher, we've found his position, he's a box to box lad, strength/dribble/tackles/passes/ he's got all the attributes the rest of the so called natural midfielders haven't got. If he improved his finishing, he'd be awesome. 

For me lately, his strength and tackle are that good he could play deeper, but that would be a waste on what else he brings, going forward and supporting attacks.

He's been a revelation in the centre or middle of a group. 

Shelvey playing as some makeshift anchorman is the worst thing we're doing right now.  He must be absolutely sensational in training because every manager since McClaren has seemed to rate him. 

He's the guy I drop.

You’re missing the point. I’m saying buy two new central midfielders, and probably a number 10. Joelinton doesn’t fit in that midfield.

shelvey, Hayden, Longstaff’s, hendrick all needed releasing.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

You’re missing the point. I’m saying buy two new central midfielders, and probably a number 10. Joelinton doesn’t fit in that midfield.

shelvey, Hayden, Longstaff’s, hendrick all needed releasing.

Not missing anything. 

He absolutely does fit in midfield. 

It's the best he's looked, never want to see him up front or out wide again. The lads a beast.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Not missing anything. 

He absolutely does fit in midfield. 

It's the best he's looked, never want to see him up front or out wide again. The lads a beast.

So you don’t think we need two new central midfielders? You think Joelinton can play in a midfield two with a number 10 ahead of him?

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

So you don’t think we need two new central midfielders? You think Joelinton can play in a midfield two with a number 10 ahead of him?

We probably do need a CDM who can break up play, and a creative CM yes.

We'll not get both in this window.

But you're suggesting to drop Joelinton, since switching him to the midfield, he's never looked better. Mental to suggest dropping him. 

Drop Shelvey,or Longstaff, Willock aye.

Fuck me! 

Stuff this nonsense of waiting about til the last week if other clubs can get 2/3 in during a week so can we. Get a CB or 2 but hopefully a CB and CM in before Leeds. Even though Leeds are poor there pressing etc will run over the top of our midfield we need a few more fresh faces. Pick up 3 points against Leeds then the last week just go daft few loans, and anything else that may come up but I’ve been saying for ages the value for players is definitely out there. Players like Kurzawa etc are available well below 10 million. Larin and Azmoun going for 5ish but we sign a declining PL player for 25 it is really frustrating. You type in left backs on transfermarket and there’s many attainable players to be had.

30 minutes ago, 54 said:

Makes literally no sense if true, what effect does it have on him when at the end of the loan he gets to go back to warming the Man u bench? He gets an opportunity to prove he can play at this level and either force his way back into the Man u squad or put himself in the shop window. If we stay up he could prove to be part of the revolution or if we go down he gets to walk. SMH.

The amount of MUFC fans that say exactly this:  “Vdb has a heart the size of Photocorynus spiniceps, the smallest known of all mature fish species, at 6.2 to 7.3 millimeters”,  is worrying.

This news, if true, seems to confirm that. Sad.

45 minutes ago, Smal said:

Not seen anything from VdB to suggest he can play in the PL anyway tbh.

I watched a video of his highlights and didn't see that much tbh. He doesn't look particularly athletic, although I do like his forward passing. Not sure he's what we need at all so not too disappointed he's told us to fuck off. Right back atcha Donny.

Maybe VDB is afraid of being benched for Longstaff.

I have to admit I was really naive. Never thought we would only have strengthened one position(RB) by middle of January with the new owners. Not saying I was expecting world class players signing but something more than we have got.

41 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

On loan though? Literally makes no difference to a loanee. 

Im not sure I agree, tbh. A player such as VdB who made a big club move in a clear career progression is entitled to want even a loan move to a club of similar stature, playing in similar competitions and at a similar level. If players such as him are not sold on a loan move because of our lack of quality and how playing in a poor team might mean hes not able to show his best qualities during an important 6 months which is going to dictate his next move, i find it hard to argue, tbh. Hes not at the end of his career struggling for suitors. 

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

We probably do need a CDM who can break up play, and a creative CM yes.

We'll not get both in this window.

But you're suggesting to drop Joelinton, since switching him to the midfield, he's never looked better. Mental to suggest dropping him. 

Drop Shelvey,or Longstaff, Willock aye.

Fuck me! 

This is hard work. I mean long term, I don’t mean next week.

We need two new brand new central midfielders and a new 10. Joelinton does not fit into that team. Obviously with our current squad I wouldn’t drop him.

39 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Im not sure I agree, tbh. A player such as VdB who made a big club move in a clear career progression is entitled to want even a loan move to a club of similar stature, playing in similar competitions and at a similar level. If players such as him are not sold on a loan move because of our lack of quality and how playing in a poor team might mean hes not able to show his best qualities during an important 6 months which is going to dictate his next move, i find it hard to argue, tbh. Hes not at the end of his career struggling for suitors. 

Just feel the situation is different here,  we’re not some club on the down and out. He comes here and performs, he gets a lot of attention and it helps him make his next move / he stays with us if we stay up and he’s been a big success

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

This is hard work. I mean long term, I don’t mean next week.

We need two new brand new central midfielders and a new 10. Joelinton does not fit into that team. Obviously with our current squad I wouldn’t drop him.

Long term we need a whole fucking new team.? Short term Joelinton has been our best midfielder.

This is nonsensical. Move on.

Joelinton doesn't need dropping. 

You've no idea, what system we'll be playing long term to suggest two new midfielders will come in, and he'll be dropped.

If were relegated, anything could happen.

Edited by mighty__mag

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Long term we need a whole fucking new team. Short term Joelinton has been our best midfielder.

This is nonsensical. Move on.

Joelinton doesn't need dropping. 

You've no idea, what system we'll be playing long term to suggest two new midfielders will come in, and he'll be dropped.

If were relegated, anything could happen.

why is this so difficult?

ok, in my opinion, long term, despite how loved he is on here, and how good he’s been recently, Joelinton doesn’t play a role in a successful team. 

my OPINION is we need two central midfielders and a number 10, and Joelinton drops out the team. I’m not saying it’s going to happen. 

last time…. I’m not saying we should drop him based on our current squad. I’m saying I personally wouldn’t keep him in the team based on the transfers I’d hope to see.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

why is this so difficult?

ok, in my opinion, long term, despite how loved he is on here, and how good he’s been recently, Joelinton doesn’t play a role in a successful team. 

my OPINION is we need two central midfielders and a number 10, and Joelinton drops out the team. I’m not saying it’s going to happen. 

last time…. I’m not saying we should drop him based on our current squad. I’m saying I personally wouldn’t keep him in the team based on the transfers I’d hope to see.

Yeah and read what I just said.

Long term I want a new 11.

So of course Joelinton will pale into insignificance, they all will.

You may as well say it about the whole flaming squad long term, 

Instead you singled out the best of the bunch right now, seemed mental?

Keep trying to convince yourself.

Fucking pointless. 

Jesus, DM me, it's just spamming your argument. 

Edited by mighty__mag

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Yeah and read what I just said.

Long term I want a new 11.

So of course Joelinton will pale into insignificance, they all will.

You may as well say it about the whole flaming squad long term, 

Instead you singled out the best of the bunch right now, seemed mental?

Keep trying to convince yourself.

Fucking pointless. 

In a conversation that began:

The reason Joelinton is doing well in midfield is because he's strong in terms of protecting the ball and can drive from deep.

However he cannot play Infront of the back four and start picking the ball off the defenders and starting attacks because his passing range is no where near good enough.

Of course I singled him out, the actual conversation was about him. You’re a fucking idiot :lol:

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

In a conversation that began:

Of course I singled him out, the actual conversation was about him. You’re a fucking idiot :lol:

You said you'd drop Joelinton based on a fantasy, that were going to sign two new cms and a 10, and he will no longer be needed.

I said why drop Joelinton while he's been our best midfielder since Howe has transformed his role?

You moved on to claim you were meaning long term,

I said well we'll need a whole new 11 long term, why single out our current best midfielder?

You're the fucking idiot my friend.:lol:

Now fuck off, stick me on ignore or DM me and take it up, and stop spamming the thread with your wank argument. 

Edited by mighty__mag

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

You said you'd drop Joelinton based on a fantasy, that were going to sign two new cms and a 10, and he will no longer be needed.

I said why drop Joelinton while he's been our best midfielder since Howe has transformed his role?

You moved on to claim you were meaning long term,

I said well we'll need a whole new 11 long term, why single out our current best midfielder?

You're the fucking idiot my friend.:lol:

Now fuck off, or DM me and take it up, and stop spamming the thread with your wank argument. 

Nah, you’re good thanks, I’ll just add you to ignore cheers