More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Need a whole new team. Am so tired of the same mediocre players who have been in the club for 5-6 years now.

There's a few that would survive, but yeah. I don't like saying it because they are human beings, but I just don't llike most of this lot. 

Schar, Lascelles, Shelvey, Longstaff - that is the centre spine of our 1st team:

The pace, passing and pressing ability and football intelligence in that centre spine is shocking to be honest.   

All need replacing next week with new signings for us to have any chance.

The transfer 'strategy' so far has seemed a bit bemusing to me. Trippier is a decent signing but Wood is a bit of a nobody to me. I'd have thought a shrewd strategy should and would have focused on pushing for survival and seen us scouring Europe for loan deals capable of being us out of our current mess, rather than shelling out big bucks for decidedly average 30yo players like Wood? He seems more like a purchase with championship football in mind? Is that due to Howe or do we have a similar scenario now as we had under Ashley where someone else is vetoing transfer bids etc?

Edited by GM

We've completely fell for the "You need to know the league" BS that dictates PFM culture. Howe said young foreign strikers aren't what we need and Wood is. We should get Blas since that agency at least work with us but we'll probably want PL experience again. 

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

We've completely fell for the "You need to know the league" BS that dictates PFM culture. Howe said young foreign strikers aren't what we need and Wood is. We should get Blas since that agency at least work with us but we'll probably want PL experience again. 

Did Howe actually say this? 

We should be buying a mix. Having good league experience does actually count for something. Even really good players sometimes don't initially adapt when they join. Considering our main links are to foreign players, I'm pretty sure we aren't operating a PL experience-only policy.

When we went into the window, I really wanted a CM (and still do) but I just see such massive problems at both ends of the pitch that feel more pressing. A wide forward who can operate as a second striker and scores goals would be tremendous.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Hadn't realised that Hammond left more or less straight away. Apparently on Christmas Eve. Didn't see anything about it on here, but .com and The Mag reported on it.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2022/01/newcastle-united-january-transfer-window-consultant-appointment-cut-very-short-report-nick-hammond/

It has been discussed in another thread. 

I think it’s important to understand his role was to help them understand how transfers are handled which has been done. 

He wasn’t identifying targets or taking part in negotiations. 

57 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I get the sentiment and frustration but at the same time there are loads of examples that support that statement which means it's at least a gamble that sometimes is better to avoid if possible. So many players take time to adjust and we need them to hit the ground running. Look at Gabriel at Arsenal. Completely underwhelming last year and brilliant this. Thats not to say proven PL players can come in and not perform too, mind. 

48 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Hadn't realised that Hammond left more or less straight away. Apparently on Christmas Eve. Didn't see anything about it on here, but .com and The Mag reported on it.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2022/01/newcastle-united-january-transfer-window-consultant-appointment-cut-very-short-report-nick-hammond/

https://trainingground.guru/articles/hammond-joins-newcastle-as-temporary-transfer-consultant

These had it down as temporary?

Temporary transfer consultant 

Seems Nickson is running the show, and getting his own way.

Anyone related to the old system, should have been removed for me. Needed a complete fresh start, bottom up approach. 

Edited by mighty__mag