More transfer rumours

midds

I watched Paqueta a few times at the end of last season. He absolutely ran the show v Nates and Montpelier playing in a midfield three, I have no idea where the idea that he wouldn't fit comes from. He can also cover right wing and play as a withdrawn striker, negating the need to buy the latter. He's pretty much a dream signing.

Guest reefatoon

Wonder if he is anywhere in Ashworth’s list of recommended players. Our interest might have changed/cooled after he came in. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ve seen reports of both tbh, suggest we definitely have an interest though 

I guess if it’s true he’s asked to leave Lyon we’ll see soon enough just how much of an interest we have 

Paqueta and right winger and you could be effectively upgrading the two weakest positions in our current starting XI for me. Shelvey and Murphy/Almiron.

Obviously Wilson's injury problems are a worry but in terms of starting XI he is one of our strongest players.

28 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You mean where Botnan came here, and it turned out to have never really been much of a contest? :lol:

Arsenal will be a bigger draw for young players than Milan like. 

:lol: You again. No, I mean as it wouldn't have been weird at all if he really would've preferred to join Milan over us. Just like Raphinha prefers Barcelona over Chelsea, but might turn out to play for Chelsea because that's the only bid Leeds is accepting. Jeez. 

2 hours ago, LV said:

Does the ‘Twitter Nonsense’ thread crash anyone else’s browser at the moment? 

Asking in here because I can’t get in to it to post. It loads half the page then freezes and I have to close my browser and reload the whole forum. Weird. 

Yep, me too. Keep out of that thread folks until fixed. 

The club have consistently said if the right player becomes available at the right price they'd be interested. 

Given we were asking about him in January when attacking midfield wasn't a priority position. I think if he's handed in a transfer request we'll be in the running.

Would love him here, but I not sure we'll pay what Lyon are probably wanting.

Would like to see some activity on transfers in the next week or two in time for the new season.

44 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Paqueta and right winger and you could be effectively upgrading the two weakest positions in our current starting XI for me. Shelvey and Murphy/Almiron.

Obviously Wilson's injury problems are a worry but in terms of starting XI he is one of our strongest players.

How’s Paqueta going to be an upgrade for Shelvey? Shelvey is a DM who rarely moves forward and Paqueta is an AM who excels in the final third. 

1 hour ago, Flip said:

This is such a weird take for me. It' the same as the  Botman and Milan story, except Arsenal is actually filled with young and exciting players. If there's a time to join Arsenal since Wenger it's now. They haven't been in this good of a place in over a decade, with a team doing well, only finishing two points  out of CL football despite having a very young team. Our transfer dealings this summer doesnt really suggest, let's go challenge for the CL in the near future (maybe that changes in the next month or so...) In addition their club structure is 10 times more appealing than ours is, and for most foreigners I'd imagine London is more appealing than Newcastle as well. 

And I lived in north London for 20 years - Up until last march. It’s a really nice place to live as will.

3 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

How’s Paqueta going to be an upgrade for Shelvey? Shelvey is a DM who rarely moves forward and Paqueta is an AM who excels in the final third. 

He's much more box to box for Brazil and I'm not so convinced we need a designated DM.

4 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

I'm aware of that - but you'd move Bruno back to DM and Paqueta plays further forward in the 3.

1 minute ago, madras said:

He's much more box to box for Brazil and I'm not so convinced we need a designated DM.

Do you really think that or just trying to justify his signing?

Not being argumentative- just wondering ?