More transfer rumours

midds

31 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Surely not? 

A few posts above:

“No one has ever doubted Callum’s ability. He is an outstanding striker, and he showed that coming back from a long injury and performing well at the end of the season. I would love him to have an injury-free campaign.

“Chris Wood did very well for the team last year and he is still with us and has trained very well.

“We have others who can fill that role so we are not one dimensional. (Allan) Saint-Maximin has played there, Joelinton too. And also we have the transfer market still as an active thing for us.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

"Yeah, I think we're looking to try and improve the squad, “ Howe replied, when asked if attacking players is now the focus. “We're looking to try and improve our numbers in both areas of the pitch. So, we've signed some defensive players. I always think you sign defensive players, obviously, to try and make your defensive unit stronger. I think we've got real strength and depth now, which maybe we didn't have last year.

“But also a stronger defence and better ball distributors allow you to keep the ball more and helps supply your frontline. So I think that's a double action as well. But certainly when I look at the squad now, the strength and depth we have, I do believe we're in a good place, but I think we need hopefully a couple more just to elevate us to another level.”

I think hopes article is a bit click bait considering Howe has said this.

Obviously the article Hope has put out has created uproar on twitter with "shambles" being the word In the comments I noticed most. Honest we have some right fucking nackers in our support like. Proper idiots!

Howe has literally just said we're in the market for another couple of attacking players ffs!

17 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Obviously the article Hope has put out has created uproar on twitter with "shambles" being the word In the comments I noticed most. Honest we have some right fucking nackers in our support like. Proper idiots!

Howe has literally just said we're in the market for another couple of attacking players ffs!

Craig Hope really gets on my tits these days.

20 minutes ago, Scoot said:

So glad I never got into twitter beyond things that are posted on here and on a few discord servers. Proper brain rot territory, dunno how anyone can spend any length of time on it.

29 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Sekou Mara seems the logical one for me. You don't need to worry about a squad space, there's no way his team can keep him given the double relegation. 

Could give him number 13.

Saw Hope’s tweet about Harrison also looking unlikely given their reluctance to sell. It always seemed a weird one to me given they’ve sold their best players for a ton of money - it never seemed like it would be an easy deal to do considering he was the backup choice to Diaby. 

Shock and awe as what everyone’s been saying about having a reasonably ‘modest’ budget is seemingly true. This is why they said this at the beginning of the window so that people like Bompeter, wouldn’t get unreasonable expectations and throw their toys out of the pram when we didn’t spend 150 million plus.

I’m sure we’ll do what we need to do to improve the squad but we’ll do it within our set financial parameters.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Shock and awe as what everyone’s been saying about having a reasonably ‘modest’ budget is seemingly true. This is why they said this at the beginning of the window so that people like Bompeter, wouldn’t get unreasonable expectations and throw their toys out of the pram when we didn’t spend 150 million plus.

I’m sure we’ll do what we need to do to improve the squad but we’ll do it within our set financial parameters.

Can’t disagree with this, but it’s not exactly very exciting that we’re brought in 3 defensive players, one of whom already played for us and another who isn’t a massive upgrade (I’m hugely excited about Botman though). Unrealistic as it might be, I was hoping for some really exciting attacking talent. Our form was brilliant from January granted, but it would be nice to be comfortable in games this season.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Can’t disagree with this, but it’s not exactly very exciting that we’re brought in 3 defensive players, one of whom already played for us and another who isn’t a massive upgrade (I’m hugely excited about Botman though). Unrealistic as it might be, I was hoping for some really exciting attacking talent. Our form was brilliant from January granted, but it would be nice to be comfortable in games this season.

I mean, it's only as if the transfer window has been open 37 days and there is actually still 46 days remaining of it - meaning we have longer left to make new signings than we have had to make the ones we already have made. Oh my, the panic.

4 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

I mean, it's only as if the transfer window has been open 37 days and there is actually still 46 days remaining of it - meaning we have longer left to make new signings than we have had to make the ones we already have made. Oh my, the panic.

I agree, but given for the first time in 10-14 years in some cases it’s the first time a lot of us have cared and been invested it’s inevitably going to feel frustrating. We’ve been given a taste of being a real football club and it’s addictive.

Saying that though, there are some posters flapping a bit and should probably step outside. 😂

28 minutes ago, jack j said:

Aye he comes across as a smarmy  negative prick more and more...mebbes bruc....ahh fuck off

Hope had always been shite, but people liked him because he was so anti Bruce.

In general the NE journalism is pretty poor.

Eddie Howe said at the end of last season we need to add more goals to our side. Do people really then think we'd go and blow most of our budget on a keeper and 2 defenders and leave ourselves short on funds to bolster the attack? 

They're just playing it well and not letting on they have plenty left to spend (that's my opinion and I refuse to get into an arguement over what has been said on the budget as its been done to death).

12 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Eddie Howe said at the end of last season we need to add more goals to our side. Do people really then think we'd go and blow most of our budget on a keeper and 2 defenders and leave ourselves short on funds to bolster the attack? 

They're just playing it well and not letting on they have plenty left to spend (that's my opinion and I refuse to get into an arguement over what has been said on the budget as its been done to death).

Its obviously this, it's not that players are too expensive, they're just more than they're worth, which is what we won't do. Once the value drops or a player comes available that meets our value we will bite. We're trying to tame the expectations of selling clubs, the minute we deviate from that the NUFC tax rears it's ugly head for every other selling team. We're only willing to pay what we think a player is worth and why shouldnt they?

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

Is this a joke? How fickle, it’s like you have forgotten the last 14 years already 

I know, that post boiled my fucking piss - we beg for 14 years for the club to have decent owners and we get these who rebuild the club from the board down, spending around £150m in the first 2 windows (so far) just to get responses like this.

Some of our fans are fucking mental

29 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ve mentioned before but it would be surprising spending money on Pope if we are now struggling for money to spend on the most important positions.

Whose decided they’re most important - you or the manager?

i trust howe personally

29 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ve mentioned before but it would be surprising spending money on Pope if we are now struggling for money to spend on the most important positions.

I honestly don’t think they anticipated the high prices they’d get quoted for our top targets. I also think they thought they had Etikite in the bag. 

i think everyone knows I believe their is a modest budget in place. There is just too many stories from too many journalists. I seriously hope they are all wrong. We need more goals in this side 

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Whose decided they’re most important - you or the manager?

i trust howe personally

Howe himself said attacking positions are the most important for this summer windows 👍

If you think we needed a keeper over attacking players then you can’t have watched us much last season 

24 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Yep I'm with you on that.

We have the funds to do what needs to be done and they will do it.

Absolutely baffles me how anyone could be worried in the slightest. If we go into the season without making another signing we're still a million miles ahead of where we were just before the takeover, just be excited for the next season and happy with what we have.