More transfer rumours

midds

Hard to tell with CM/DM. We have been linked with quite a few to be fair, just zero concrete bids reported. Certainly far more CM links than Left Back or Wingers. I feel like the rumours of us having a big marquee target in mind could be true. Could be they are waiting to be convinced to come by us getting the other targets in? Or we could just not be that arsed about getting a CM. lol

PEA sent back to Arsenal from AFCON. He will be assessed by Arsenal club staff for recovery from Covid and the Heart Lesions found in the subsequent scan. If he gets fit again quickly those rumours might pick back up. Hopefully he is on the mend. Scary sounding stuff though. 

24 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

We should have got a CB in long ago! It's ridiculous that we still aren't any closer to signing one when it's obvious to all that we lack so much in that department. Need 1 atleast by Leeds

You can't really fault them it's just the way it's worked out. We tried like hell for botman, badashiele and Carlos is dragging on but think we will get him. 

Let's play a game.

You get to list 3 footballers. If they get linked with us tomorrow, you win a Freddo & a Bag of Beef Space Raiders - I will finance this myself.

Disclaimer: They can't have already been one of the 1,573,853 players linked to us this January transfer window.

Do your best!

Time is ticking away. We are absolutely desperate for another 2 this week, if we are to get something at Leeds and avoid the drop.

It's not a criticism of the owners. January is tough, they are clearly trying but time is of the essence.

I know the debate is "we need this," or "we need that", but IMO what we need is a catalyst. We need someone who comes to us and hits the ground running like Willock did or like Lingard did at West Ham.

Once the team gets that boost and lift which it needs, we have a chance, albeit small, to string a few results together.

It seems fanciful right now but if we could get a run of 2 wins and a draw out of any 3 games coming up we give ourselves a chance but we need that player to come in and change our fortunes.

Edited by STM

More and more I think about it the more I like the idea of Jason Knight from Derby. They’ve got 10 days or they are out the game. Give them say 4/5 million that’s a big game changer for them. He instantly improves our team in middle of the park and for a small price compared to others we are linked with. I want the big names as much as anyone else but 1 or 2 relatively lower expectancy signings turn out the best.

It appears the recipe for survival is basically:

More defenders = less goals conceded

More strikers = More goals scored

Is it just me or is that not the most basic interpretation of how football works?

What about the midfielders??

Guest Biggsbond14
1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

It appears the recipe for survival is basically:

More defenders = less goals conceded

More strikers = More goals scored

Is it just me or is that not the most basic interpretation of how football works?

What about the midfielders??

If you believe what the media are drip feeding yes but my main concern is obviously cb and our chronic midfield