More transfer rumours

midds

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Is that the 3rd Atalanta player we've been linked with now?

Reminder that this is what the Atalanta owner said recently:

“I read stories of Newcastle interest in a different Atalanta player every day, it’s like Bingo to see who comes up next."

https://football-italia.net/atalanta-ready-to-play-inter-shrug-off-newcastle-interest-in-gosens/

I saw the links to Gosens, who was the other player?

I think its more a combination of clubs don't want to sell at a reasonable price until the summer and players genuinely don't want to come because of our league position, that leaves us with Trippier, Wood and the likes.

22 minutes ago, LV said:

Think Sam Allardyce

Sean Dyche

Steve Bruce

Neil Warnock 

Run fast. Tackle hard. Kick it far. No forrin namby pambys. Hatem, no tricks and moar defending. Shuttle runs. ‘Let’s play’. Tactics? No ta. Bullseye reruns with Eric Bristow and pie and mash for tea. 

That sort of thing. 

Plus work harder, 442, direct long ball to the big man.

No foreigner fancy tricks.

Might have won a trophy once by accident

Excels at being promoted to PL, but struggles to keep a team there.

Its always the referees fault

Scouting consists of former clubs and mates

Media love them

Basically Mike Bassett

With so many players out of contract in the summer it has never been more important to survive relegation.

That being said, there should be a healthy amount of players available to those with the financial clout in the Championship, so you'd like to think we'd be able to make those Ritchie and Gayle type signings again.

Either way it's going to be an interesting summer.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

With so many players out of contract in the summer it has never been more important to survive relegation.

That being said, there should be a healthy amount of players available to those with the financial clout in the Championship, so you'd like to think we'd be able to make those Ritchie and Gayle type signings again.

Either way it's going to be an interesting summer.

I know it was mainly because they were all Mendes' players.  But Wolves built a really good team in the Championship.  Even last time we were down there, Ritchie was seen as a bit of a coup and didn't Gayle also leave the prem to sign for us (and more money)?  You'd like to think with more wedge, we'd be in a better position this time.

*Desperately looking for positives for when we inevitably get relegated :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

All these links are becoming pretty meaningless. We need them through the door.

This.

Either everyones keeping quiet or there's not much going on.

We all know agents and journalists are physically not capable of leaking whats going on to someone

If that’s true I don’t know how I feel about it. He’s clearly better than what we have but from what I’ve seen he’s been massively disappointing and makes poor decisions and messes up easy chances while showing flashes of quality 

38 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Plus work harder, 442, direct long ball to the big man.

No foreigner fancy tricks.

Might have won a trophy once by accident

Excels at being promoted to PL, but struggles to keep a team there.

Its always the referees fault

Scouting consists of former clubs and mates

Media love them

Basically Mike Bassett

'dust ourselves down'