More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I really like him. His movement is great, always makes defenders work

Article i read on him on the athletic last season was that he was a pressing machine. Elite at that. 

1 hour ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Woods a 1 in 3 player though so it's no surprise he hasn't scored after 1 game. 

Woods is only useful in 1 system and that's not the way Howe plays. It's a most useless signing unless the plan is to bring in another manager and hope that he might be effective in the Championship. He's not a 1 in 3 player this season.

One guy I don't see mentioned is Goldson at Rangers. He's out of contract in the Summer and he's angling for a move back South - ex Brighton. He was a rock last season and has EPL and European experience.

They're my Scottish team so wouldn't like to see him go but he's better than anything we have playing at CB currently IMO and wouldn't cost a fortune.

Worth thinking about.

Edited by DoricGinola

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The Ekitike story has gone quiet? Shame as I'd have liked a younger, pacier striker coming in. Still be happy with Zapata though if it were to be legit. 

Ekitike is currently being lauded around his 15th potential club in the last hour, so who knows!

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The Ekitike story has gone quiet? Shame as I'd have liked a younger, pacier striker coming in. Still be happy with Zapata though if it were to be legit. 

Chelsea the new club interested. Not sure if thats Reims/the agent trying to force the bids or us making him seem like a better buy with bigger clubs in for him! 

Feels quiet today and given the 2-3 day ramp period from strong links to player signed, that's a bit of a concern for the weekend. We need to see some heavy links/fees agreed etc by tomorrow night really.

Edited by Pilko

13 minutes ago, LV said:

Is there anyone we haven’t been linked to yet?? 

Of those that would be a decent shout either for made up rumours or what we actually need I'm surprised to not have seen the likes of Torreira, Tolisso, Guendouzhi, Brozovic, Tchouameni, Kamara, Witsel, or Emre Can mentioned. 

Yes, I googled 'defensive midfielders'

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Of those that would be a decent shout either for made up rumours or what we actually need I'm surprised to not have seen the likes of Torreira, Tolisso, Guendouzhi, Brozovic, Tchouameni, Kamara, Witsel, or Emre Can mentioned. 

Yes, I googled 'defensive midfielders'

Tolisso, Guendouzhi, Bozovic, Kamara and Witsel HAVE all been linked though? 

57 minutes ago, TRon said:

You would like to think we've done our homework on him, but tbh it feels a bit like Moshiri at Everton, just throwing money at random players and seeing if they come. I wonder how much input Howe has on this one?

Who is there to do the homework? They've not appointed anyone in any roles to do the research and data gathering. 

Can only assume we're working off the advice of someone in a consultancy role whilst using the skeletal staff Ashley left behind, who certainly weren't looking at players like Diego Carlos.

It's very much hit and hope like.

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Who is there to do the homework? They've not appointed anyone in any roles to do the research and data gathering. 

Can only assume we're working off the advice of someone in a consultancy role whilst using the skeletal staff Ashley left behind, who certainly weren't looking at players like Diego Carlos.

It's very much hit and hope like.

You don't think Howe has any input?