More transfer rumours

midds

I do find the quiet/pause period to be a little frustrating more than anything (and before anyone says “chill out, remember Ashley period?” Yes, I do remember, I remember every period since I’ve been a fan…) — I was just expecting a little more of the January aggressive attempts versus the more chilled approach. All good, I expect them to get some deals done - we desperately need a starting caliber right winger, an attacking midfielder who is as much a dribbler/driver with the ball, passer/creative, and goal scorer (Paqueta PLZ ffs) with versatility to slot in the front 3 if possible, and a backup or competing striker to Wilson (if that’s Sesko or Zapata or DCL) as we need goals.

I know they don’t want to get mugged, and I do trust Ashworth, Howe and the Board but I really want to continue the momentum of last season and really kick on. Few injuries to the key players and we’re going to be sweating until January and kicking ourselves or not getting some deals done. 

On the commercial side, they will no doubt get the income level to back the spend in - whether that’s later, it will happen. 

(Can PIF stop pissing about with LIV and upsetting the PGA and throw some dough our way a bit, get 1/3 bit as aggressive and sign some fuckers?)

Doubt they’ll stick to that. Looked really special until his back injury; he just came back and hasn’t looked quite the same (or still still recovering). Bit of a risk but, in theory, it’s the best time to go for him if we want decent value.

26 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why does everyone we are linked with cost 35 million ?

Was thinking that myself.

At least we're back to monitoring players again anyway.

Next stop, keeping tabs on...

[emoji38]

Edited by Scoot

I reckon we'll get a marquee signing striker. Seems like we aren't pursuing the likes of Cornet, Sarr or Dennis, and they would all be available for relatively reasonable fees, so I'm assuming we are holding out for the big hitters. Whether that's Isak or DCL I've no idea but must be someone we rate to be a higher level.

Guest HTT II
25 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I still dream / hope we get Lucas Paquetá

I’ve been binge watching everything I can on him and researching the fuck out of him, he can play anywhere in an attacking sense and is so classy, he’d be dreamt. I’d rather sign him than a CF or a RW if doing so ruled that out from happening. He reminds me of Zidane in his gait, his strength, control, flair and work rate, I’m not saying he’s anywhere near that level of course… he would transform us in so many ways.

Just now, HTT II said:

I’ve been binge watching everything I can on him and researching the fuck out of him, he can play anywhere in an attacking sense and is so classy, he’d be dreamt. I’d rather sign him than a CF or a RW if doing so ruled that out from happening. He reminds me of Zidane in his gait, his strength, control, flair and work rate, I’m not saying he’s anywhere near that level of course… he would transform us in so many ways.

That's my thinking 100%

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Yeah me too , I would happily loan a winger and forward to get Paquetá 

There will be a few good loan options closer to the end of the window when players realise they aren’t involved in their respective teams 

27 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

The club haven't said a single thing about transfers, and any news has been pure speculation from the ITKs and seasoned journos filling column inches. So the "we're not willing to spend £40m on a striker and therefore..." is baseless and only second-hand Twitter nonsense. 

Paquetá would never be ignored by Howe and his team, if he was realistically available/willing to come. That level of player, at this point in our time, would be a bigger coup than anything so far. 

I do think our present recruitment will be hindered by the lack of European football. We really need to push on this season by trying to qualify for a European cup. That'll make next year's recruitment much easier as a lot more top players will buy into the project. 

Agreed - early days in the project and so far this windows it seems we’ve been turned down more times then a hotel bed spread.

Buy the best we can this window and push on.

6 hours ago, TRon said:

I reckon we'll get a marquee signing striker. Seems like we aren't pursuing the likes of Cornet, Sarr or Dennis, and they would all be available for relatively reasonable fees, so I'm assuming we are holding out for the big hitters. Whether that's Isak or DCL I've no idea but must be someone we rate to be a higher level.

Would much rather take a marquee RW. Wilson is really good when fit and would much rather gamble on him staying fit than hope Almiron/Fraser/Murphy doing something at RW. Marquee RW and some young £10-20m prospect as a striker would be class.

I would really like even just Sarr and it would make a lot of sense but think we are hesitant due to his clear homophobia and the fun everyone would have if we signed him, just not worth the PR disaster.

19 minutes ago, Pata said:

Would much rather take a marquee RW. Wilson is really good when fit and would much rather gamble on him staying fit than hope Almiron/Fraser/Murphy doing something at RW. Marquee RW and some young £10-20m prospect as a striker would be class.

I would really like even just Sarr and it would make a lot of sense but think we are hesitant due to his clear homophobia and the fun everyone would have if we signed him, just not worth the PR disaster.

Would much rather a marquee RM of our 3.

I have reached the point where I want Pacqueta because we haven't been able to get any of our earlier targets like Etikite and Diaby eventhough Pacqueta might not necessarily be what we need. Yes we need a striker and RW but who? 

Much rather him than any other names being linked right now.

Edited by nufcjb