More transfer rumours

midds

Guest HTT II
11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

My fear isn't the transfer fee, it's the ability to attract them to the club at the moment, particularly as we're (rightly) not going stupid on wages.

If they're both serious about playing for England I think we'd be a good option for them though. Guaranteed game time and a real chance to prove how good they are.

I'm very surprised that Barnes' Liverpool links haven't come up again. I swear Klopp was desperate to sign him 2 years ago?

LFC could get him tomorrow if they wanted, but they are known for waiting patiently and adding to their squad when a priority arises. They knew Mane would be leaving hence Diaz and they were also going to potentially lose Salah, hence Nunez. That and he will be their main man once he leaves or starts to regress. Their priority from a good LFC pal of mine is Bellingham next season, but they fear City smashing them out of the water with a bid prior to that or next season too. Klopp does like Barnes, but they have more pressing priorities, namely a successor to van Djik and Henderson. 

Edited by HTT II

29 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'm very surprised that Barnes' Liverpool links haven't come up again. I swear Klopp was desperate to sign him 2 years ago?

Maybe the signing of Luis Diaz scuppered it.

34 minutes ago, Rich said:

Aye, the amount of data and manpower we'll be putting to use to determine transfer valuations is way, way beyond most people's individual capacity to judge a fee and decide whether they're happy or sad with what we've offered or paid.

I don't think this is true.

Or at least. Even someone like myself could ballpark what clubs would sell X player for. Age, length of contract, selling league, Nationality, output.

We are towards the end of the window. I could tell you Maddison will go for a similar amount to Raphinha. I could also tell you Harrison would go for less but higher than £25m.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Or at least. Even someone like myself could ballpark what clubs would sell X player for. Age, length of contract, selling league, Nationality, output.

We are towards the end of the window. I could tell you Maddison will go for a similar amount to Raphinha. I could also tell you Harrison would go for less but higher than £25m.

Good points, the random element is unrealistic expectations from selling clubs (thinking Leicester, and Leeds it seems)—these/some of them will only be challenged at the 11th hour. Though, that late stage change will come sooner than 1st Sep (please God!) if they need funds or buy. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye, but you're an absolute egomaniac and talk shite the majority of the time.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You'd be wrong about Maddison. It won't take £60m to get him if he's got two years left on his contract. £45m might do it I reckon.

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Good points, the random element is unrealistic expectations from selling clubs (thinking Leicester, and Leeds it seems)—these/some of them will only be challenged at the 11th hour. Though, that late stage change will come sooner than 1st Sep (please God!) if they need funds or buy. 

What's unrealistic?

Leeds just sold 2 players for £90m. One of them is the exact same age and plays in the same role as Harrison. Same number of years left on the contract too.

Again Leicester will have seen the Raphinha fee. I would use that as a MINIMUM if I was them.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

What's unrealistic?

Leeds just sold 2 players for £90m. One of them is the exact same age and plays in the same role as Harrison. Same number of years left on the contract too.

Again Leicester will have seen the Raphinha fee. I would use that as a MINIMUM if I was them.

Hard to say, but Harrison is not of the same quality as Raphina and definitely not of Phillips imo. With Leicester I am still reeling at the reminder they got £80m for Maguire.  

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

You'd be wrong about Maddison. It won't take £60m to get him if he's got two years left on his contract. £45m might do it I reckon.

Raphinha also had 2 years left on his contract.

In his advantage he's a regular Brazilian international and had a bit of a bidding war going on but the fees were similar.

But Maddison has better performances in the PL for longer time and has English tax. He's also presumably happy to stay where Raphinha definitely wanted to leave.

40 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Let's dream for a minute. Harrison wide right, Maddison tucked in behind Wilson. You're looking at an extra 25-30 goals a season there.

Ashley killed our ability to dream. It's a normal feeling for a fan but it feels so alien after the last 14 years.

Edited by Sean

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

In his advantage he's a regular Brazilian international and had a bit of a bidding war going on but the fees were similar.

But Maddison has better performances in the PL for longer time and has English tax. He's also presumably happy to stay where Raphinha definitely wanted to leave.

I think that presumption is probably wide of the mark as our favourite local journalist used to say.

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Hard to say, but Harrison is not of the same quality as Raphina and definitely not of Phillips imo. With Leicester I am still reeling at the reminder they got £80m for Maguire.  

Aye which is why the fee won't be £50m.

They only signed him permanently last season too for like £16-17m. I think double that will be taken seriously. £33m-£40m

Just now, Ben said:

I wonder if Howe has considered Ward-Prowse this summer with his fantastic dead ball delivery and our giant players.

Thing is, Trippier is one of the best dead ball players in the league. I’m not sure Ward-Prowse is dynamic enough apart from his amazing dead ball ability. I’d not be in for him 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeah. Plus Barca/Chelsea/Arsenal are a massive enough step-up for the player to force a move. Leicester to Newcastle isn’t quite the same jump (and currently it’s a side-step/ arguably a step-down), especially when you consider that we won’t be going crazy with our wage offerings.

Still think this has legs but it’ll be closer to 60m before they consider accepting imo.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I think that presumption is probably wide of the mark as our favourite local journalist used to say.

What makes you say that?

Also Richarlison went for £60m. Not a dissimilar profile (age, performance, years left on contract). 

If I was a Leicester fan I would expect a fee between Richarlison (always felt like a premium fee) & Raphinha circa £55m. Anything significantly less than Raphinha (sub £46m) would be a robbery and an excellent piece of business for us.

22 minutes ago, Rich said:

Aye, but you're an absolute egomaniac and talk shite the majority of the time.

I never insult people on here. Can you please offer me the same courtesy?

23 minutes ago, TRon said:

Also Richarlison had 2 years left on his contract.

Richarlison £60m. 25. 2 years left on his contract. Regular Brazilian international. 32 PL G/A last 2 seasons. 

Raphinha £50m. 25. 2 years left on his contract. Emerging Brazilian international. Bidding war. 31 PL G/A last 2 seasons.

Maddison. £45m??????. 25. 2 years left on his contract. English. 33 PL G/A last 2 seasons.

Are there other "behind the scenes" factors - sure. But I think most people in English football would be surprised if he was sold this summer for a penny less than £50m.