Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Just now, Sean said:

I don't think we'd have spent most of the month chasing him and go back in on deadline day without knowing that he wants to come here.

If we want this deal done, we'll do it imo.

Exactly.

Might not be his first choice, maybe hoping for west ham or a bigger club to come in but we have ageeed terms with everyone well in advance.

Reims wanting more money, I can believe.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I don't think we'd have spent most of the month chasing him and go back in on deadline day without knowing that he wants to come here.

If we want this deal done, we'll do it imo.

Whilst I'm sure that's true, technically that would be tapping up if we don't have permission from the club to talk to their player.

I do worry about how close we've potentially been skirting to breaking the rules on tapping up, if reports of all of these agreements of personal terms before a fee has been agreed are true, and whether it'll come back to bite us.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Reading between the lines, they've agreed a price, but they're negotiating the terms of the deal (who gets what and when) which takes the most time. The void will be filled with journos trying to create deadline day drama.

Yeah, this is what I think, he's probably having a medical in france now.

11 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Whilst I'm sure that's true, technically that would be tapping up if we don't have permission from the club to talk to their player.

I do worry about how close we've potentially been skirting to breaking the rules on tapping up, if reports of all of these agreements of personal terms before a fee has been agreed are true, and whether it'll come back to bite us.

Contacting the players agents first to see if there'd be any interest in joining is usually how all deals work these days, from what I gather.