Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Sounds a fairly perfect opportunity for us. Loan him for a season from PSG, adds another quality attacking player with potential to the ranks and gives us a chance to have a look at his attitude etc.

We are going to need more depth.

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

Loads on here said he got to train with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe and so the choice wasn't a surprise :laugh:

As if that is the priority when you're a player trying to progress your own career. Going on as if he was a fan on the street and not a player himself! Ridiculous.

You can't see why a 19-20 year old wouldn't see the benefit in learning from 3 of the best forwards we've seen the last 20 years and in one case, ever? Mental. Still had decent playing opportunities too.

Learn from them while getting some game time year 1, second season get a loan deal and 15-20 goals somewhere, by year 3 Messi is finished, Neymar pretty much so, and you're starting for the biggest club in your own country near his home. It was the perfect career path. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

You can't see why a 19-20 year old wouldn't see the benefit in learning from 3 of the best forwards we've seen the last 20 years and in one case, ever? Mental. Still had decent playing opportunities too.You can't see why a 19-20 year old wouldn't see the benefit in learning from 3 of the best forwards we've seen the last 20 years and in one case, ever? Mental. Still had decent playing opportunities too.

Learn from them while getting some game time year 1, second season get a loan deal and 15-20 goals somewhere, by year 3 Messi is finished, Neymar pretty much so, and you're starting for the biggest club in your own country near his home. It was the perfect career path. 

Well, how has it worked out then? Doesn't seem to have done him much good if there are issues with him behind the scenes. The guy is clearly not happy with the opportunities he has been given to play.

I believe in going to the best club that gives you a lot of playing time when you're a top young talent and not stagnating on the bench even if it is for a year. Now he's going to start getting loaned out to goodness knows where, with how much input from him in that decision exactly? And how much commitment are those clubs really going to have to him when they don't really own him outright?

You get better when you play more games and are at a club that is committed to your development.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Well, how has it worked out then? Doesn't seem to have done him much good if there are issues with him behind the scenes. The guy is clearly not happy with the opportunities he has been given to play.

I believe in going to the best club that gives you a lot of playing time when you're a top young talent and not stagnating on the bench even if it is for a year. Now he's going to start getting loaned out to goodness knows where, with how much input from him in that decision exactly? And how much commitment are those clubs really going to have to him when they don't really own him outright?

You get better when you play more games and are at a club that is committed to your development.

I think people overplay this 'must play games' thing. Loads of instances of players playing regular football from 18 or so and burning out by 26-27. 

He had a breakthrough season last year, he's still getting a decent share of games playing alongside world-class forwards even if he's not a regular. If he's being a knob or whatever then that's on him but he's got the perfect platform to progress.

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think people overplay this 'must play games' thing. Loads of instances of players playing regular football from 18 or so and burning out by 26-27. 

He had a breakthrough season last year, he's still getting a decent share of games playing alongside world-class forwards even if he's not a regular. If he's being a knob or whatever then that's on him but he's got the perfect platform to progress.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

If I were him and had the opportunity to go to Dortmund last summer to replace Haaland I'm grabbing that opportunity with both hands.

It's still a top club, playing in the top competition in Europe, still alongside top talent that is just younger and more in his age demographic, at a club that does a great job in player development. 

Edited by KaKa

42 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.

If I were him and had the opportunity to go to Dortmund last summer to replace Haaland I'm grabbing that opportunity with both hands.

It's still a top club, playing in the top competition in Europe, still alongside top talent that is just younger and more in his age demographic, at a club that does a great job in player development. 

No, let's agree that you agree with me. [/Mrraspberryjam]

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I totally understand his decision to join PSG. The biggest club in his country, based in the capital, with plenty of his mates there.

That doesn't mean it was the right decision for his career though. That's where his agent and the people he surrounds himself with need to be asking him the right questions. 

Exactly, with the right moves and development, he likely returns there at the stage where he is ready to go straight into the first team.

PSG are horrible with their own young players having jettisoned the likes of Moussa Diaby and Nkunku in recent times. They're always thirsting after much more established top players, so it's best to go there when you've reached that level.

• 1 month later...

"PSG has decided to part ways with Hugo Ekitike. The thing has just not been made known to him officially by the club for the moment. His failure has been recorded, the club is disappointed. A way out will be sought this summer for him."

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

"PSG has decided to part ways with Hugo Ekitike. The thing has just not been made known to him officially by the club for the moment. His failure has been recorded, the club is disappointed. A way out will be sought this summer for him ."

NJOY

On 22/02/2023 at 11:16, The Prophet said:

I totally understand his decision to join PSG. The biggest club in his country, based in the capital, with plenty of his mates there.

That doesn't mean it was the right decision for his career though. That's where his agent and the people he surrounds himself with need to be asking him the right questions. 

Choosing PSG over us / anyone is fine. I know players need to believe in themselves, but it's a total failure by him / his people to think he'd be starting every week for them.

Him & his agent pissed us around for months. I really can't help but laugh at how this has panned out. It's well deserved. He needs to sack his agent, stop acting like a tit and knuckle down. Raw talent only get you so far, and he doesn't have enough of it to carry him to the top.

I'd be astonished if we didn't look into it, like. If there's fundamental character issues then obviously we'll steer clear but we pursued him solidly for two transfer windows so you'd expect us to at least enquire. 

I can't believe that he chose to live in Paris, playing and learning from Messi, Neymar, and Mbappe, when he could have come to Newcastle and played and learned from Wilson and Wood. What a mug.

Being serious, he is seriously daft if he thought he was going to start though. And his agent sounds like a bellend.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I can't believe that he chose to live in Paris, playing and learning from Messi, Neymar, and Mbappe, when he could have come to Newcastle and played and learned from Wilson and Wood. What a mug.

Being serious, he is seriously daft if he thought he was going to start though. And his agent sounds like a bellend.

Did I miss something with his agent?

Or are we just annoyed they chose Paris over newcastle[emoji38]