Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

I've no doubt we'll go in again for him if he does become available, we're looking at the most promising youngsters and he seemed right near the top of our list.

It's a squad game and you improve as players become available and while it maybe harsh, you take out Wood or Murphy (depending on where they see this lads position) and this lad or a player similar comes in.

3 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I've no doubt we'll go in again for him if he does become available, we're looking at the most promising youngsters and he seemed right near the top of our list.

It's a squad game and you improve as players become available and while it maybe harsh, you take out Wood or Murphy (depending on where they see this lads position) and this lad or a player similar comes in.

We're fourth in the league and on the up. We're not desperate any more. We don't need to keep going back in for this one kid over and over again who hasn't even done anything that special in his career. There are many more players out there and with Ashworth in charge we'll find them.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

We're fourth in the league and on the up. We're not desperate any more. We don't need to keep going back in for this one kid over and over again who hasn't even done anything that special in his career. There are many more players out there and with Ashworth in charge we'll find them.

We're still doing small steps (quite rightly) and if they see this lad as a big talent as he grows, i just think we'll be back in for him. I guess it depends on how highly they rate him.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, The College Dropout said:

By the looks of it he’s barely played.  He might as well return to the team he came from to get match experience.   

Don't get this. He can go out on loan if need be. He had a full season last year and did well, I don't think training with Neymar, Messi & Mbappe will have stunted his progress in any way at all. Similar scenario to Anderson here this season.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Don't get this. He can go out on loan if need be. He had a full season last year and did well, I don't think training with Neymar, Messi & Mbappe will have stunted his progress in any way at all. Similar scenario to Anderson here this season.

He’s already on loan isn’t he ? 

5 hours ago, gbandit said:

Got his first PSG goal today. Will be interesting to see how he progresses and also where Newcastle and PSG are at respectively in five and ten years 

Will Qatar give a shit about football after the World Cup? PSG purchase was a favour to Platini in return for world cup if I recall?

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thought it was with obligation to buy like they did with Mbappe as a way of getting round FFP?

No obligation which was the surprising bit as his parent club were OK with that  compared to the cash offer we made. Apparently keeping the player happy was the motivation, lose lose scenario for them though.

A loan fee possibly but if he does poorly then PSG send him back as no obligation. Who else will offer what we did then? He either rebuilds his career or fades away. Deal was a big risk for  Reims and the player.

14 hours ago, SAK said:

Will Qatar give a shit about football after the World Cup? PSG purchase was a favour to Platini in return for world cup if I recall?

This is why the move made some sense. They will be scaling back after the WC and need to get near self sufficient so they can sell the club in the next couple of years. They've thrown everything they can at it to deliver the CL before the WC and failed, they couldn't allow Mbappe to walk for free just before it, so offered him the earth, even though a lot of it was lies. 

It'll be a very different psg from 23/24 and by the end of the decade just another team in France.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

This is why the move made some sense. They will be scaling back after the WC and need to get near self sufficient so they can sell the club in the next couple of years. They've thrown everything they can at it to deliver the CL before the WC and failed, they couldn't allow Mbappe to walk for free just before it, so offered him the earth, even though a lot of it was lies. 

It'll be a very different psg from 23/24 and by the end of the decade just another team in France.

They've gone too far to become "just" another French team by the end of the decade.