Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Anyone else would be getting absolutely hammered for his goal return and his general play. He’s a nice guy and a very hard worker, but Joselu was a better footballer than him. 

Better goal scorer now too. 

11 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Anyone else would be getting absolutely hammered for his goal return and his general play. He’s a nice guy and a very hard worker, but Joselu was a better footballer than him. 

Joselu would be decent in this team with attackers either side and more possession. I thought Joselu was OK. Good footballer.

Wood however is awful man. 

Barring him scoring a bicycle kick or doing something outrageously bad my final thought on him is this - he's done largely what we've asked, and I think from now until the summer he will be the dead horse that people flog when we lose or play poorly because of what he can't do. 

Everyone in this thread knows why we bought him, the predicament we were in. His game won't change drastically under Howe nor will it improve with more training because he's 30. I'd rather have his bouncy ball first touch than Dwight Gayle so good luck to him until Wilson feels ready.

Guest HTT II

I think he will see out his contract and probably leave on a free, he’s not the best player at all, but has contributed and still will, ideally we upgrade massively in the summer on almost all the current starters.

Edited by HTT II

I was switching through the Sky sports channel yesterday and there was a piece showing Ian Wright's goals down the years. Even though we are going back decades, some of the finishing was out of this world.

And then I watched Wood against Everton.

Guest HTT II
35 minutes ago, TRon said:

I was switching through the Sky sports channel yesterday and there was a piece showing Ian Wright's goals down the years. Even though we are going back decades, some of the finishing was out of this world.

And then I watched Wood against Everton.

Ian Wright’s finishing was of the highest order, an underrated player IMO who was unlucky in that there was so many good forwards around him in that era for England where he didn’t get as many caps as he should of. He’s such a likeable bloke as well and I love his back story, top man is Wrighty!

35 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Ian Wright’s finishing was of the highest order, an underrated player IMO who was unlucky in that there was so many good forwards around him in that era for England where he didn’t get as many caps as he should of. He’s such a likeable bloke as well and I love his back story, top man is Wrighty!

Wright gets on my tits tbh, but as a striker I forgot how good he was. I mean I knew he was good, but some of those goals.....wow.

On 18/03/2022 at 09:23, jackyboy said:

The service he gets is non existent. Nothing comes from the right flank and that only leaves Fraser on the left. He showed what he can do with that great ball from Shelvey but I don't recall him receiving any other crosses of that quality

His movement might not be helping this.

On 18/03/2022 at 11:13, ManDoon said:

Carroll would have held the ball up better, 100 percent.

He’s scored 1 in 9 in Championship so not like the goal threat would have been any different, and I doubt he’d have contributed to the same sort of pressing game.

I think we will improve on our wingers in the summer window and Wood will provide a decent option to us next season. For all of our wingers running and pressing, they’re not creative at all, aside ASM who will never be the player to cross with any regularity. I think out of everyone in the squad, Wood has missed Trippier the most. 

Yes we overpaid, and he had a bad game at Everton, but he has contributed to our upturn in form and probable survival. 

Having played almost constantly since signing for us, if Wood plays for all NZ's games, it's a pretty crammed international break.

Fiji today (21st), New Caledonia (24th), a probable qualifying semi final (27th), and then final (30th). 

Fine, it's not exactly against top level opposition, but it still sounds a bit knackering.

Since joining #nufc Chris Wood has Most headed duels won. 2nd in tackles made in the opposition half. 11th in pressures applied in oppositions half. Most distance covered by a striker. Also he is only averaging 1.3 chances per game. Its unfair to judge him on goals scored 

32 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Here's a question for ya..take out Wilson's goals (mainly pens I believe ?) Do you think he could do what wood is for us? Be interesting to see if they play together

Wilson is superior to Wood in almost every way.