Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

1 minute ago, GlenMag said:

You know what, I stand by it, we wouldn't have scored any today only for Wood, unlucky not to have scored it himself. He's a third choice centre forward that tries his best, no more, no less

I mean if any other player had the chance he did we would have scored it.

3 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Look - he was brought in last season to do a job (help keep us up) - and he did it.  Today was a really bad miss, but I'm not going to go hating on the lad.  He's an honest pro and when he leaves, he will have done his bit to get this club back up there.

You’re a good dude and those are classy words but I can guarantee your thoughts on him would be quite different if he hadn’t spent the past 12 months have his slack picked up by other players in the squad. 

Guest reefatoon

He didn’t even have to hit it first time. He had so much time and space man, what the fuck was he thinking [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

You’re a good dude and those are classy words but I can guarantee your thoughts on him would be quite different if he hadn’t spent the past 12 months have his slack picked up by other players in the squad. 

If you must take your anger out on anyone - save it for the previous owner who left the club in such a state, that it was always going to take time to sort out.  He set the club back 10 years and to be honest, it's a miracle that we now sit 3rd in the league.

His reaction to that miss was sad. Seemed like he knew it meant more than simply missing a shot.

I think players know when a fan base in on the edge of turning against them. He knew that would do it for a section of our support. 

Probably reading too much into it hah.

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

His reaction to that miss was sad. Seemed like he knew it meant more than simply missing a shot.

I think players know when a fan base in on the edge of turning against them. He knew that would do it for a section of our support. 

No, I think that’s right tbh.  I’ve seen it with other centre forwards in the past.

I think he did a decent job (albeit a low scoring one) last season for us, but his credit in the bank is now running low.  The lad needs to be moved on, for his sake and ours

2 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

spot on 

2 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

That's exactly how I see it. I was fucking furious when he missed but his reaction really pulled me up

Basically a high inflation Shola. For that kind of transfer money paid for him the bare minimum is to have "done the job"

Just a shame tactically relegating Burnley for the cost of £25m can't get you a striker that you don't need to hope to the heavens he scores or assists every time he plays. Its not like you can even come out with a claim of how many goals you can expect per game for him at NUFC - you just hope for the best. I remember a Burnley fan I know laughed his head off when we signed him and I thought why is he shunning a striker with a 10 per season record in recent years.

Folks go out of their way to stretch the reality with this guy because if he actually did more, you'd be calling his "good performances" so far that we have seen exactly what they are - just alright to underwhelming with the regular utter stinker.

Edited by Amir_9

4 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

The home crowd will turn on him after his first miss / wayward pass etc when he plays now, and from then it will just get worse.

Tonight was likely the collective snap of patience for many in the fanbase.

Not saying it’s justified, but that’s just how it usually goes.

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No, I think that’s right tbh.  I’ve seen it with other centre forwards in the past.

I think he did a decent job (albeit a low scoring one) last season for us, but his credit in the bank is now running low.  The lad needs to be moved on, for his sake and ours

I remember this happening when Joselu missed a pen. Felt so bad for him. Look at him now!

1 minute ago, Myleftboot said:

Thought kitson was alreet to be fair. His curtains were shaun ryderesque.

He was. I'd been spoiled with Quinn, Kelly, Cole until then so I thought he was shit. It wasn't until years later I realised he was actually canny.