Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

4 hours ago, wormy said:

Wonder if they'll recoup anything from another gullible promoted team. Just keep passing him on to the next promoted ones. :lol:

Give him the dream Burnley return.

Think Burnley want to play football now.

Really an incredible piece of business. All in (incoming fees + wages saved) between him and Shelvey this probably unlocked close to £30M if we assume Shelvey would have triggered his extension. You can mentally account for that however you want, but it's a huge help for our summer business.

16 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Really an incredible piece of business. All in (incoming fees + wages saved) between him and Shelvey this probably unlocked close to £30M if we assume Shelvey would have triggered his extension. You can mentally account for that however you want, but it's a huge help for our summer business.

And a lot of people wanted to keep Shelvey. Brilliant work in the summer and winter. 

Whoever insisted on the length of the  trigger for the permanent transfer has more than earned his keep. Vital as the usual length seen in contracts would have seen him in all likelihood still at the club, with respect of when his injury occurred. 

20 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Whoever insisted on the length of the  trigger for the permanent transfer has more than earned his keep. Vital as the usual length seen in contracts would have seen him in all likelihood still at the club, with respect of when his injury occurred. 

I'm sure I read it was done like that so Forest didn't have to make payment until the next financial year otherwise it would have been done immediately in January 

9 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'm sure I read it was done like that so Forest didn't have to make payment until the next financial year otherwise it would have been done immediately in January 

Yeh FFP loophole stuff. 

15 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Never saw that, fair enough though 

19 minutes ago, Mountain said:

What on Earth were they thinking, cheers for taking our one bad transfer off our hands :juicy:

I still say with no striker and relegation in the balance, grabbing a striker with a minimum release clause to help stay in the PL made absolute sense given Newcastle were striking out at every turn. Teams WANTED Newcastle to go down. Seemed like nobody wanted to do business. Get that new money out of here. The fact that over half that cost was sent back by Forrest made it decent deal Eddie was obviously happy with. Am I glad he's gone? Yea. Did a job.

4 hours ago, Mountain said:

What on Earth were they thinking, cheers for taking our one bad transfer off our hands :juicy:

I can remember at least one game where he scored to earn a point against Man City and they barely stayed up so he’s probably earned his fee already.

Edited by Gawalls

10 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Definitely a gamble that paid off. Was nervous at the time with Isak and Wilson injury records and the potential strain on midfield but it worked.