Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

I honestly think our expectations have been pumped up so much that we are now moaning about anything and everything.

We need to take a step back and a deep breath and be thankful we will be no where near relegation... and however long it may take, the only way is up and onward to europe!

Patience all!

2 hours ago, buzza said:

I honestly think our expectations have been pumped up so much that we are now moaning about anything and everything.

We need to take a step back and a deep breath and be thankful we will be no where near relegation... and however long it may take, the only way is up and onward to europe!

Patience all!

We have none of our strikers available, and the one person who can fill in at a push is also injured. I'm a little worried tbh.

5 hours ago, Wild Geese said:

I think we need to remember when Woody used to play against us, he was a handful and caused problems for defenders with his strength and his heading ability.

Granted his heading has been deplorable for us, wether that's down to confidence or trying to hard, i don't know, however I do know the lad does have very good heading ability when he's on song.

Give him time and we need to stop the groans if he loses the ball, the lad needs backing and i'm confident he will become a very valuable player.

He really needs to be fit when our main strikers are out, he's not going to get time when they are available.

8 hours ago, Wild Geese said:

I think we need to remember when Woody used to play against us, he was a handful and caused problems for defenders with his strength and his heading ability.

Granted his heading has been deplorable for us, wether that's down to confidence or trying to hard, i don't know, however I do know the lad does have very good heading ability when he's on song.

Give him time and we need to stop the groans if he loses the ball, the lad needs backing and i'm confident he will become a very valuable player.

If Chris Wood ever becomes a ‘very valuable player’ to us our general plight will basically have to be worse than ever before in our recent history. 

On 26/09/2022 at 19:06, Ronaldo said:

If Chris Wood ever becomes a ‘very valuable player’ to us our general plight will basically have to be worse than ever before in our recent history. 

Nice of his mam to post on here.

On 26/09/2022 at 19:06, Ronaldo said:

It would be reasonable to suggest, given the change in our fortunes from jan to June 22, that he was a "valuable" player during that period. Eddie Howe thought so. 

5 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

It would be reasonable to suggest, given the change in our fortunes from jan to June 22, that he was a "valuable" player during that period. Eddie Howe thought so. 

I did too, tbh.  He wouldn’t be close to one of the better number 9s I’ve seen for us, but I still think he did a job up front.  We wouldn’t have got the same points tally with Gayle. 

• 2 weeks later...

I forget that this lad plays for us, do we think we’ll try and sell him in January now that we have Isak? If we want to recoup even the smallest fee it feels like we’ll have to sell in January or the summer but the only buyers I can imagine are in the championship and not able to match wages. Therefore I imagine the most likely scenario is that he runs his contract all the way through and picks up a few minutes here and there and gets maybe 60 mins in some cup games 

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I forget that this lad plays for us, do we think we’ll try and sell him in January now that we have Isak? If we want to recoup even the smallest fee it feels like we’ll have to sell in January or the summer but the only buyers I can imagine are in the championship and not able to match wages. Therefore I imagine the most likely scenario is that he runs his contract all the way through and picks up a few minutes here and there and gets maybe 60 mins in some cup games 

Came on as sub in all but 1 game? As recently as last weekend. 

Some memory you lad 😂😂😂😂

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised to see this thread wasn't bumped from Sunday.

I know, I know he's shite yada yada but his 10 minutes against Spurs was cracking and helped us see out the game in a comfortable fashion. Won a couple of free kicks, held up the ball etc.

Well done Woody lad, same again if we need you please.

40 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Question is when  do and can we peddle him. 

We would have to give him away due his wages. He'll be here till his contract runs out in the summer of 24.

With any luck he’ll be remembered as someone who came in, did a job in helping keep us up, was a decent way of seeing out a game off the bench in our transitional season into a European team, and then leaves to see out his career as a starter somewhere. Massively unfair to compare him to the likes of Rivière and Xisco imo. He’s obviously limited but grafts and I hope in 10 years or whatever he’s looked back on somewhat fondly as a small part of the start of our real resurgence

43 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

With any luck he’ll be remembered as someone who came in, did a job in helping keep us up, was a decent way of seeing out a game off the bench in our transitional season into a European team, and then leaves to see out his career as a starter somewhere. Massively unfair to compare him to the likes of Rivière and Xisco imo. He’s obviously limited but grafts and I hope in 10 years or whatever he’s looked back on somewhat fondly as a small part of the start of our real resurgence

Well said 

Not 1 single issue with Wood -- last season he was vital in the run-in; this season he scored in the cup game and finally he's done the job needed to close out games each time he's been called upon this season. 

2 hours ago, TRC said:

If we do get into Europe this year, hes perfect for away games against some of the minnows. Leave Wilson at home.

Yep, not only that but let's say we have Wilson playing league games and we want to get Isak in scoring in Europe, in order to leave Wilson at home, we could do with Wood from the bench as a sub or an option.

That's not to say we should look to sign other options. That's why Joao Pedro made sense because he's another one who can play in various positions.

On the other hand, if someone comes and tries to sign him, we should say thank you very much and let him go. I can see a Fulham or a Bournemouth seeing him as someone who could see them over the line to avoid the drop.

Edited by STM

3 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

That's how I think of him now.

A modern day Sheedy/Kilcline that got caught out in the level and speed of resurgence.