Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

9 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

When we took Wood from Burnley he was an automatic pick for their first team and an essential part of Dyche's game plan of hitting long balls and set pieces towards one or both of the dynamic duo of Chris Wood and Ashley Barnes.  So yes, that disrupted them.

Wood is our third choice striker, so losing him hasn't weakened us.

Did you watch Burnley the season we signed Wood? That tactic clearly wasn’t working. He was finished by the end of the previous season. 

I do genuinely worry about people that can’t see what he contributed last season, and how integral he was for us to be able to do what we did.

But I think everyone is beyond bored with the argument. He leaves, I’d say with the best wishes of the majority, and it’s time to get excited about what Eddie and Dan have got lined up replacement wise.

Is he likely to be first choice for them? Hard to see him getting five goals as a bit part player if not.

Be class if he just became the striker version of Sam Allardyce. New team brings him in every January and he gets them to safety.

19 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Did you watch Burnley the season we signed Wood? That tactic clearly wasn’t working. He was finished by the end of the previous season. 

Ashley Barnes was injured that season and so Wood was looking a lot like he did for us when he was tasked to do more in the build up phase holding up the ball. He is so incredibly bad at it it's untrue. Once Barnes got injured Burnley were done. He was the real instrumental piece upfront to their whole approach.

16 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Watch him score some worldies now.

Good luck, Chris!

Hope he does, otherwise forget the £15m, he'll end up back here once Forest realise he's shite.

He is the definition of a panic buy, we lost a game to a league one side because we had no striker and right away went for the first striker we can get asap. the best thing i can say about him is that he was better than playing with no striker upfront, but honestly 4 goals in 35 games and a host of misses, i really think most strikers from this league all the way to league one could've done a similar or better job, hope we can recover some of the money we paid for him and he actually finds some form for Nottingham and put some of our rivals down.