Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

6 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Tbf the 3 appearances is ridiculous, if its true then how on earth were they convinced that would be a smart idea?

They seem to be suggesting it was a way around officially buying him in January and it went on the books as a loan instead. No idea how that is a benefit, fair play rules as the transfer fee goes through in Sumer? 

what a come down for the lad, pushing for CL in dec, now pushing not to be in the championship. 

36 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

They seem to be suggesting it was a way around officially buying him in January and it went on the books as a loan instead. No idea how that is a benefit, fair play rules as the transfer fee goes through in Sumer? 

what a come down for the lad, pushing for CL in dec, now pushing not to be in the championship. 

I'm certainly not well versed but that's all I can see it being. Just a way to spread their expenditure out considering the money already spaffed.

39 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Feel a lot more sorry for Forest fans than I do for Chris Wood. He's done pretty well to have gotten moves to two fairly well rated Premier clubs when he's clearly championship level and an aging champ level player at that.

23 minutes ago, Aiston said:

The fact some people defended Wood for so long ffs :lol:

He was absolute trash. and Forest fans are seeing that quickly.

Hopefully not to strike up too much debate as no offence to him but he isn't worth that much hassle. :lol: But were that many people really defending him so much as defending the decision to get an experienced body in?

He was shite more often than not but it was a body that our more effective players could work off. Even without the utterly insane return we got on him I'd be happy for the club to do it again in the same circumstances.

Oh, and the meowing at Zouma means I'll always have a soft spot for him.

18 minutes ago, wormy said:

Hopefully not to strike up too much debate as no offence to him but he isn't worth that much hassle. :lol: But were that many people really defending him so much as defending the decision to get an experienced body in?

He was shite more often than not but it was a body that our more effective players could work off. Even without the utterly insane return we got on him I'd be happy for the club to do it again in the same circumstances.

Oh, and the meowing at Zouma means I'll always have a soft spot for him.

That didn't happen unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, TRon said:

Feel a lot more sorry for Forest fans than I do for Chris Wood. He's done pretty well to have gotten moves to two fairly well rated Premier clubs when he's clearly championship level and an aging champ level player at that.

Have to say we've got some fans who can't really just get over it and give it a rest. 

1) We HAD to sign a striker with the injury crisis and it appeared nobody was willing to come to our shit show that we targeted

2) We made a very desperate and expensive buy in Wood

3) He played his part, scored a crucial goal here and there, provided a focal point and we rampaged through the rest of the season safely

4) In spite of him or because of him, he was in that 11 and he played a fuck load of minutes and we had top 7 form end of last season?

5) He played his part again this season at various times, he was clearly less effective and he left

6) Please lets not forget he played in a few key big games pre-world cup and did his fucking job

7) He was a dressing room leader, said over and over by Howe

8) Ashworth got him off the books and we're getting paid 17m for him

Tron, the above take is childish jibberish mate. Like really - why in the living fuck would you care or feel sorry for the Forest fans? Chris Wood was well liked by our staff, our coaching setup, his teammates and he worked his bollocks off and did a job (more often not good enough for where we wanted to be).

In Calendar year 2022, which basically includes most of Wood's time here - we were 4th with 72 points. 

17 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Find the whole lets laugh at this transfer, har har Chris Wood to be really small time. 

I haven't for one minute laughed at this transfer, if anything the opposite. I'm just relieved we got a good chunk of our money back, we gambled heavily and it paid off. It hasn't for Forest though, and I do feel a bit sorry for them. It's all well and good spending desperately on a striker to hang your hat on, but to spend that much and he barely contributes before being ruled out for the rest of the season...hard not to have some sympathy tbh. But I'm glad it worked out for us so well. Hallelujah tbh.

I don’t think people making an amused observation on a frankly spectacular bit of transfer business counts as “constantly looking back and dwelling” or “small time”. A bit dramatic really.

I don’t think I’ve commented in this thread since we got shot of him, but it is pretty amusing when you think about it.

• 1 month later...

Just seen that forest will make the deal permanent when the transfer window opens (source bbc sport - forest to release lingard and 5 others).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65789316

"Serge Aurier has triggered an automatic one-year extension on his deal, while the club have confirmed striker Chris Wood's loan from Newcastle United will become a permanent transfer when the window re-opens."

Edited by South-Cheshire-Toon

7 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Just seen that forest will make the deal permanent when the transfer window opens (source bbc sport - forest to release lingard and 5 others).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65789316

"Serge Aurier has triggered an automatic one-year extension on his deal, while the club have confirmed striker Chris Wood's loan from Newcastle United will become a permanent transfer when the window re-opens."

Yeah, looks like it:

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2023/june/02/forest-confirm-retained-list/

Chris Wood's loan deal from Newcastle United will become permanent from the summer transfer window open date.