Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

3 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

If this is this evening, nee mask. He’ll be out with Covid come Saturday.

Surely to fuck he hasn't come over on the train [emoji38]..... has he?

Guest neesy111

His record this season is what worries me, not exactly signing a player in form.  Hopefully more down to Burnley being even more shite.

Some selective pessimism going on in here I think, understandably so, but look at his goal stats in the 3 seasons before this one and ask yourself whether you'd be judging an out of form player higher up the table on their current poor form, or their good form just before it. Transfers and loans are notorious for improving players, no reason that can't be the case with Wood.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Some selective pessimism going on in here I think, understandably so, but look at his goal stats in the 3 seasons before this one and ask yourself whether you'd be judging an out of form player higher up the table on their current poor form, or their good form just before it. Transfers and loans are notorious for improving players, no reason that can't be the case with Wood.

Sounds* like Man City have decided against going after Kane based on his form this season, so I guess teams do look at weird things like form.

* Obviously only ever rumour they wanted him in the first place

Wouldn't raise my nose on this one at all, I think those that do need to give your head a wobble.

Proven PL striker, at least good enough to help us win this weekend. Weaken a direct relegation rival. Will do for the Watford game until we get another striker and more players in this month.

4 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Well fingers crossed his signing while underwhelming ends up being of the Daryl Murphy or Antoine Sibierski variety, rather than the return of Carroll. I mean even Marlon Harewood even ended up being a useful addition under Hughton. This season is all about staying up. Achieve that and he'll have done the job he was signed for

None of them cost £25m and gave our challenger a chance to improve their squad. I don’t get this at all

Just now, Amir_9 said:

Wouldn't raise my nose on this one at all, I think those that do need to give your head a wobble.

Proven PL striker, at least good enough to help us win this weekend. Weaken a direct relegation rival. Will do for the Watford game until we get another striker and more players in this month.

He's doubtful for the Watford game apparently 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

He's been at Burnley for a while now.  I am sure as a Forward it would get to you after a period of time playing that way.  But also Burnley have been shite and they'll go down and wont come back up like a lot of clubs have that have an extended stay in the Prem of that size do.

3 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

Doesn’t weaken them at all and he might not even be fit for Watford :lol:

Edited by gdm

The price is obscene but we're obscenely desperate. If he scores goals that turns draws into wins he'll have been worth every penny. 

Really chuffed with this tbh. Proper burly CF with experience for our more zippy players to play off. Lascelles - if he ever sorts his shit out - Joelinton and Wood is a pretty robust spine. We need more physicality.