Newcastle United 1 - 1 Watford (15/01/2022)

LRD

Just now, r0cafella said:

ASM has been undoubtedly poor but he’s our most productive player this season :lol:

Why isn’t someone telling him to do something different? Swap sides with Fraser, play one twos, try to buy free kicks. Anything is better than doing the same shit time after time when the defender has his number. He’s like the personification of groundhog day

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

ASM doesn’t look fit to me at all like, looks heavy legged. 

It’s the weight of them silly bandages he wears for effect… planet soft cunt he is!

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah I don’t understand what we are trying to do really. We signed a focal point so use the guy 

I’ve thought that since Howe came in. Our game plan is very confusing to me in an attacking sense, we often have players all over the place.

Few notes:

Trippier and Fraser have already got an understanding.

We need to take off a CM and put on another forward to get close to Wood.

Dummett is Mr reliable. We will be much better defensively with him in.

ASM is getting found out. He's not a team player.

Get Miggy on for Longstaff and ask him to buzz around Wood for knockdowns.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

I’ve thought that since Howe came in. Our game plan is very confusing to me in an attacking sense, we often have players all over the place.

I think he's trying to coach some football intelligence into them. Scary prospect

Just now, Holloway said:

How often does Shelvey get done for pace on a one v one chase man, I thought he had found half a yard but nah,has he fuck

It’s always the same, he has one or two games where he looks like he’s turning a corner and then retreats back to what he knows.

The lot of them have been a disgrace, can’t blame Trippier or Wood yet but Joelinton doing good things bringing the ball forward yet cannot finish any number of chances he gets.

ASM has been terrible and needs dropping. Murphy on for him please. Switch Fraser out to the left.

The midfield and defence are known quantities at this point and been discussed to death, all we can hope for is that they don’t make a fuck up that leads to a goal and that we nick one from somewhere.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

ASM has been undoubtedly poor but he’s our most productive player this season :lol:

Yeah, it's easy to say this, but I tend to wonder how many chances we miss coming to fruition because of how often he doesn't release the ball in time to players in space, or loses the ball by doing too much.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, it's easy to say this, but I tend to wonder how many chances we miss coming to fruition because of how often he doesn't release the ball in time to players in space, or loses the ball by doing too much.

Easy just compare his stats to Fraser’s. 

Need someone who can operate in the hole. 

There's absolutely nothing going through that area which is allowing their CM's to double up on our wingers without risk of the space left being expoited.  

Longstaff off, Almiron on. 

I don't get this brand of ASM hate. Why do flair players always get it in the neck first :lol:

He's not perfect and he should pass more - especially when he's deeper, but calling him lazy is crazy when he just wants to run at the opposition.

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

Should Joelinton replace Shelvey in the deep playmaker role and get Almiron on to play further forward in the midfield?

I would be shitting myself everytime Joe got the ball and was put under pressure. Shelvey, for all his faults, at least has some composure as a deep playmaker/pivot

Just now, Beren said:

I don't get this brand of ASM hate. Why do flair players always get it in the neck first :lol:

He's not perfect and he should pass more - especially when he's deeper, but calling him lazy is crazy when he just wants to run at the opposition.

He has gone off feigning injury in three of our recent matches like.

Just now, Beren said:

Because he’s not delivering, he’s pony at the moment and needs a rocket up his bandages…

1 minute ago, Beren said:

He's not running at the opposition.  He's standing in front of them then losing the ball.