Jesse Lingard

Think this could be one for later tonight. I’d be happy paying around 10 million for him no more but that’s only if he’s our player. I don’t quite understand Lingard though only wanting a 6 month deal. Why not be part of this massive project.

Just now, ToonScotman said:

Think this could be one for later tonight. I’d be happy paying around 10 million for him no more but that’s only if he’s our player. I don’t quite understand Lingard though only wanting a 6 month deal. Why not be part of this massive project.

Because him and his agent would miss out on a massive (and probably last) signing on fee as a free agent in the summer? £££’s

12 minutes ago, Sima said:

VdB's contract isn't up in the summer so slight different to be fair.

True, but the £12.5m is about us staying up,  why should that be affected by his contract (although I can see what Manure are up to).

Might not be a popular opinion but I’d pay Man Utd the money and get him in. He’s the final piece of the jigsaw and while we are being ripped off if we stay up it’ll be money we’ll spent. 
ASM & Lingard will cause absolute havoc with the passes Bruno makes that even Wood would score goals 

Just now, gdm said:

Might not be a popular opinion but I’d pay Man Utd the money and get him in. He’s the final piece of the jigsaw and while we are being ripped off if we stay up it’ll be money we’ll spent. 
ASM & Lingard will cause absolute havoc with the passes Bruno makes that even Wood would score goals 

It's such a ridiculous clause (or certainly the amount is) that it sets a daft precedent 

What happens if Lingard gets injured, doesn't kick a ball for us but we stay up? Imagine handing over £12m for that

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It's such a ridiculous clause (or certainly the amount is) that it sets a daft precedent 

What happens if Lingard gets injured, doesn't kick a ball for us but we stay up? Imagine handing over £12m for that

if we stay up we won’t be as desperate so I don’t believe it will set a precedent. I think we’ve shown we are more than happy to walk away from deals so far. 

who knows we might even persuade lingard to stay on (it worked for Rafa and willock) and get him on a free in the summer. Wouldn’t seem such a bad deal then 

Just now, gdm said:

if we stay up we won’t be as desperate so I don’t believe it will set a precedent. I think we’ve shown we are more than happy to walk away from deals so far. 

who knows we might even persuade lingard to stay on (it worked for Rafa and willock) and get him on a free in the summer. Wouldn’t seem such a bad deal then 

I think we've done the right thing to walk away, if the deal happens it will be Man-U calling us and being more sensible 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think we've done the right thing to walk away, if the deal happens it will be Man-U calling us and being more sensible 

Time will tell if we don’t get someone like lingard in and everything continues to go thru ASM then we will continue to struggle to score goals and if ASM gets injured which let’s be honest wouldn’t be a surprise then forget about it 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

If we stay up there’s a fair chance we might keep Lingard as well so pay then the money and get it done. We’ll be raging we didn’t if it falls through and we don’t survive. 

Yup it’s a rip off but we are in a desperate situation and it will help is more than £15m in the bank will

Just now, elbee909 said:

I find it hard to believe Lingard would be the absolute lynchpin people think he'd be. Fair enough if he comes though.

Gives the side balance if nothing else. I like Fraser but he’s a good back up. Imagine trippier and lingard linking up like Trippier and Fraser did v Leeds. One of they chances ends in a goal I’m sure of it 

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

I find it hard to believe Lingard would be the absolute lynchpin people think he'd be. Fair enough if he comes though.

If Ekitite is coming, we don't need Lingard to play false nine (cough, cough, if Wood struggles....), so he's reverts to right wing and AM only. Still he's pretty good at them and a big upgrade on Fraser. The West Ham highlights video has some great goals but more importantly shows him carrying the ball forward with ease. That will happen regardless of whether the shots are all going in.

I must also admit to having a huge soft spot for Lingard ever since that "Mommy!" video when the West Ham fans were throwing cans at the Man U bus.

Just now, gdm said:

Anyone think Etikite could be the alternative to Lingard? Maybe playing the kid a bit wider than thru the middle 

Defo. I think we'll still take Lingard if the option comes up, but we did right to get Ekiteke in first. At least that gives us a speed merchant option up front.