Jesse Lingard

13 hours ago, jack j said:

Man U must have another attacker lined up if he's gonna leave like

Sancho fernandes Ronaldo Cavani Rashford

4 out of them 5 going to be filling the 4 attacking positions the rest of the season. With 16 games and Cup games left...?

Elanga. 

17 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I'd be incredibly surprised if Man U loan us anyone. Think they'd probably rather cut their noses off to spite their faces, and I get why.

Pay the fee and he's yours. You're a good few years away from challenging us yet. We're not afraid to loan you Messi Lingard for 6 months. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Pay the fee and he's yours. You're a good few years away from challenging us yet. We're not afraid to loan you Messi Lingard for 6 months. :lol:

I mean you are being a bit of a dick about it but I Agree this idea Man Utd are scared of us is nonsense but I can see why people think that with the stories of a pact not to sell to us is in the papers 

Think they just know we have cash and are desperate to stay up.

Now we have signed a load of players they don't have as strong hand.

End day he's not gonna play much for Man U so sure he will be pushing for the move today.

39 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If "the fee" is £2.5m + £12.5m for avoiding relegation, then yes, you're scared. Because that's not a fee you'd ask for from any other interested party.

32 minutes ago, gdm said:

I mean you are being a bit of a dick about it but I Agree this idea Man Utd are scared of us is nonsense but I can see why people think that with the stories of a pact not to sell to us is in the papers 

I'll bet they are scared. They've seen what happened to Chelsea and their neighbours.

50 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Do you think the Mason Greenwood news will make it more difficult?

Edited by mofo

2 minutes ago, mofo said:

Do you think the Marlon Harewood news will make it more difficult?

The Greenwood situation doesn't impact the Lingard deal whatsoever. Lingard was already getting pretty much zero game time and that was before Elanga broke into the team.

Elanga is the direct replacement for Greenwood. Lingard is still a non-factor.

57 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Pleased with how much he seemingly wants the move now. Get it done, don’t care if it’s £13m to loan him for 6 months.

We should be pushing for a permanent transfer though rather than a loan when that fee is involved. and we shouldn't be paying a million a game for him when he's a free agent come June. Especially not to them manure cunts as well we are desperate but no walkovers for the big 6 to extorte us. 

9 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

If "the fee" is £2.5m + £12.5m for avoiding relegation, then yes, you're scared. Because that's not a fee you'd ask for from any other interested party.

And @Froggy did you charge Everton the £12.5m for Van der Beek ?

15 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

If we stay up we’ll be fishing for similar targets next season. We might not be a match on the pitch yet but we will be competing for players.