Jesse Lingard

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, joeyt said:

:lol: telling it like it is.

Go on then, tell us how you know for a fact that he didn't want to come despite every journalist in the country saying he wanted to come and it's been Man Utd playing funny buggers for the last couple of weeks

Got the fresh scoop from his new cell mate.

10 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

[emoji38]

I did say it on here.

They'd prefer to not do him any favours after he refused to sign a new contract, and they'd also prefer to screw us over unless they could fleece us for a lot of money with that ridiculous bonus payment.

The didn't care for the odd £5 million they would have got from just a standard loan agreement.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

[emoji38]

I did say it on here.

They'd prefer to not do him any favours after he refused to sign a new contract, and they'd also prefer to screw us over unless they could fleece us for a lot of money with that ridiculous bonus payment.

The didn't care for the odd £5 million they would have got from just a standard loan agreement.

Appalling way to treat a member of your staff.  

Should pay closer attention to their players needs on and off the pitch it would seem. 

Would save them money, reputation and prison visits. 

3 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Appalling way to treat a member of your staff.  

Should pay closer attention to their players needs on and off the pitch it would seem. 

Would save them money, reputation and prison visits. 

That's the thing, they don't see him as theirs anymore once he refused the deal. They were never going to do him any favours.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

That's the thing, they don't see him as theirs anymore once he refused the deal. They were never going to do him any favours.

Well let's hope he stinks the place out with his hostility towards the club. There must be a few unhappy players at Man U, there could be quite a clique spoiling the atmosphere, Lingard can certainly pitch in now. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I wonder what sort of affect treating a player like that has on the remaining squad. I guess there's the agents of players they might want to buy in the future as well making sure their players know that the club can't be trusted to treat their players reasonably.

Seemed like we where his second option and by the time he decided he wanted to come here Manure had already sold other similar players.  Maybe he should have decided things earlier..  Now he's being made to stay in a luxury training facility where's he's paid £100,000 a week to practice playing a really enjoyable game, its appalling.  Why do bad things happen to good people?

Edited by Teasy

28 minutes ago, Teasy said:

Seemed like we where his second option and by the time he decided he wanted to come here Manure had already sold other similar players.  Maybe he should have decided things earlier..  Now he's being made to stay in a luxury training facility where's he's paid £100,000 a week to practice playing a really enjoyable game, its appalling.  Why do bad things happen to good people?

I expect he'll get 'SLAVE' tattooed across his face a la Prince

12 hours ago, Kanji said:

Glad Man United will firmly go top of my shit list. Sorry Froggy, because you're top a lad. None of this is personal of course. 

Don't worry, we're near the top of my shit list too. Many baffling decisions over the last few years. 

Rangnick told Lingard he could go in the morning yesterday after the Greenwood story broke, so the board have undermined him. They've left him with a player he doesn't want who'll keep receiving the Man U dollar and walk on a free in five months time.

I don't know what our preference was, but presumably Lingard could have joined us on a permanent deal if he wanted to prioritize getting a deal done and game time. So he's not completely free of responsibility. To complete the plague on all houses, our lot took it to the brink but didn't reel him in. That was a lot of effort ultimately wasted on a failed transfer, and leaves a hole in the squad.

He would have been a great addition in the fight against relegation, but could work out better for us in the long term if we avoid relegation. We'll be £15m richer, and Man U wil be at least £10m worse off. We can use that money to invest in a long term prospect such as Ekiteke.

Man U on the other hand will have a player spreading unrest in their camp because most of them will sympathise with him and how he's been treated.

Just now, Chicane said:

What's Rangnick been like for them so far? Thought he'd do well but doesn't seem so

The godfather of German football seems as bland and as insipid as Ole at the wheel…